LaikaR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Have applied early for Planetary Geology at Imperial. Still not had interview request. Should I be concerned? Anyone had interview requests? Have 9 x9 and 3 x8 at GCSE. Predicted A* A A
need urgent help
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I also applied for imperial earth and planetary msc. I received an invitation to interview before Christmas, my interview is in a couple of days. Many of the people who have offers already are either international or qualify for contextual offers.
I think you shouldn’t be concerned as it took ICL 3 months to invite me to interview and my grades are unusual to say the least (A*A*A*AA). They do the interviews in bursts so loads of people get invited at once and then there is a large gap before the next set of invitations. About 100 people got invited to earth science and engineering department interviews so far judging by the time slot selection page I filled out so 200 or so are in the same position as you so don’t worry.
Elzbth-.-.-G15
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi

I'm in year 12 and I want to apply for this course in the autumn but I don't know which other courses to apply to. I don't really want to go for oxford because its a BA not BSc if you don't get on to the masters and there aren't very many earth and planetary science courses (ICL and Manchester as far as I know).

Can you share the courses you've applied for and why?

Thanks
need urgent help
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I applied to oxford because it’s oxford.
Imperial I liked the course.
Exeter as it has good industry links and is near ESA ( European space agency)
Durham as the rankings say it’s good.
Leeds as they have good flexibility and a lot of planetary and early evolution modules.

A bit of advice which I wish I had is not to take the league tables too seriously, looking back I wish I looked at the Scottish unis and UCL.
Also the name of a course doesn’t really matter the modules are more important and the difference between a Bsc and BA is negligible, I expect oxfords course will be the most science based judging by the modules they are teaching.
If you want anymore information private message me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads