How to stay true to yourself and revise

Watch
sunnytaeq
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How can you motivate yourself to revise. I have tried absolutely everything and noting works. I tried setting goals, checklists, timetables, watching motivational things. Which only lasts for a few mins and my motivation instantly disappears and i end up delaying my revision. I want to achieve grade 9's in GCSE and unable to do so due to my procrastination. ):
gin_n_tonic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have got no better advice then to push past it. You want those grades? Well guess what, you won't be getting 9's with that attitude and with zero revision or extra work put in then I doubt you'd get a high grade at all. You have a shot at this and it will be difficult one however how much do you really want this?
bethhxpe
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i totally get how u feel, and gin_n_tonic sometimes there is no other reason to want good grades other than to meet parents/friends/teachers expectations. And thats okay!
Im kind of not in a great place rn so i decided to post asking for some yr 12s to join me for a videocall or whatever fairly often so we can be there while others are working. We can set a goal at the start of the sesh then after an hour or whatever we can say whether we accomplished it or not.
You are welcome to join us even tho ur in yr 11, we’re still trying to organise a time and platform x

Anyhow i hope u find something to help you thru this 🤞🏽
username4716810
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by bethhxpe)
i totally get how u feel, and gin_n_tonic sometimes there is no other reason to want good grades other than to meet parents/friends/teachers expectations. And thats okay!
Im kind of not in a great place rn so i decided to post asking for some yr 12s to join me for a videocall or whatever fairly often so we can be there while others are working. We can set a goal at the start of the sesh then after an hour or whatever we can say whether we accomplished it or not.
You are welcome to join us even tho ur in yr 11, we’re still trying to organise a time and platform x

Anyhow i hope u find something to help you thru this 🤞🏽
Hi I think this would really help me as I have no motivation. Do you have any further info?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (640)
48.56%
No (678)
51.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise