had no periods when on implant but I got it refitted after 3yrs and they've come back

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
over 3 years ago I got my first nexplanon implant fitted. My periods practically stopped for the 3 years (I think I had one or two in the 3 years). When the implant was due to expire I got a new one fitted- the exact same type. My periods seem to come back and I was spotting for the first few weeks. I assumed it was just my body getting used to the change in hormones but it has now been over 6 months and I seem to have very irregular/light periods or just pro-longed spotting. Any advice on what may be causing the change? Or is there anything I can take to either stop my periods again like they did before or atleast regulate them?
jlggr4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
over 3 years ago I got my first nexplanon implant fitted. My periods practically stopped for the 3 years (I think I had one or two in the 3 years). When the implant was due to expire I got a new one fitted- the exact same type. My periods seem to come back and I was spotting for the first few weeks. I assumed it was just my body getting used to the change in hormones but it has now been over 6 months and I seem to have very irregular/light periods or just pro-longed spotting. Any advice on what may be causing the change? Or is there anything I can take to either stop my periods again like they did before or atleast regulate them?
i think calling a nurse will help. It is hit or miss what the implant will do to your period x
ameliaagraceex
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
One of the most common side effects to the implant is irregular periods, there’s nothing you can do to regulate them, they have a mind if their own. I have the implant and had a period for 10 months straight and then they just stopped.
If you’re really concerned then I would contact your local nurse or GP. Or maybe consider other contraceptive options xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (529)
51.01%
No (508)
48.99%

Watched Threads