The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Mutinta
I just got an e-mail from them about their application portal that you can use to track your application and that's the only thing I've heard from them. I'm taking it as an acknowledgement - even if it took nearly 3 weeks.

Mm, I got one earlier today too. I'm glad to hear from them, even if it's just to tell me about the portal.

They sent me a weird email first with lots of words in different colours, words crossed out etc. then sent another a couple of hours later with the correct email and an apology for sending the wrong one.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
yeah i got my "acknowledgement" sort of thing from notts today too.
the portal thing i dont really get the point of.
might as well use track!
but i was glad to hear from them anyways.
Reply 62
They are quite slow on acknowledgments - I got mine about an hour before I got my offer!
Amy_13
They are quite slow on acknowledgments - I got mine about an hour before I got my offer!

oh wow.... cross my fingers then eh? :smile:
I also got a e-mail from nottingham concerning this portal were u can track your progress of your ucas application,I am not expecting to be shortlisted as the degree course i have applied for is very highely competive and they have 500 applications:eek: :eek: for only 76 places split between spring and summer so 37 places lol.I am going for a Midwifery degree lol
Reply 65
ZakBrannigan
I also got a e-mail from nottingham concerning this portal were u can track your progress of your ucas application,I am not expecting to be shortlisted as the degree course i have applied for is very highely competive and they have 500 applications:eek: :eek: for only 76 places split between spring and summer so 37 places lol.I am going for a Midwifery degree lol

I'm sure you'll be fine - on average, every university I applied to for my degree had around 2000 applicants for roughly 100 places, and I somehow got an offer lol
Reply 66
I never got an acknowledgment! Doesn't matter now :p: Got rejected for Management and Chinese Studies.
Amy_13
I'm sure you'll be fine - on average, every university I applied to for my degree had around 2000 applicants for roughly 100 places, and I somehow got an offer lol

well i do have other choices and also have a fall back plan.Thanks for that.:biggrin: :yep:
Name: Anna
AS Grades: AAAA (Biology, Geography, Psychology, Art)
Chosen course: Geography BSc
Any other info: Sent it off just over a week ago and am getting impatient already lol. Any idea's about when I could expect a reply?
Name: Anna-Marie
AS Grades: I've got a-levels dahling!!!! AAB(ac)
Chosen course: Nursing science- basically a nursing degree but with an extra year for those who want to go onto administration etc

I'm still yet to send off the application..grr
Reply 70
Name: Jenny
AS Grades: AAAA
Chosen course: Chemistry with a Year in Industry
Emma,
AAAAA,
History =]
Reply 72
Name: BUM.
AS Grades: BBBB
Course: SOCIOLOGY.
Info: Probably my second choice at the minute!

I appear to be the only sociologist. Come on guys come out of hiding!!!!
Reply 73
Name: RYAN
AS Grades: ACC
Chosen course: Management
Any other info: I think i'm gonna have to be pretty lucky.
Name: Grapevine
Chosen course: BA Geography
Any other info: Nottingham looked really impressive on the open day, but geography is one of it's top subjects so it will be tough to get an offer!

Any other possible Nottingham geographer's out there?!
Grapevine
Name: Jules
Chosen course: BA Geography
Any other info: Nottingham looked really impressive on the open day, but geography is one of it's top subjects so it will be tough to get an offer!

Any other possible Nottingham geographer's out there?!

Yep I'm applying for the BSc Geography and you have exactly the same AS grades as I do! When did you/are you sending off your appliacation?
Reply 76
Name:Ruth
A-level Grades:AAA (bio, chem nd maths)
Chosen course:Pharmacy (MPharm)
Any other info: Im on a gap year atm and im a bit scared at how competitive nottingham is coz i realy really want to go
comicbookgirl
Yep I'm applying for the BSc Geography and you have exactly the same AS grades as I do! When did you/are you sending off your appliacation?

My application was processed by UCAS (i.e. sent to my chosen Uni's) on the 23rd of October. I planned on getting it sent off a week earlier but my school took a while with the reference. Oh well, it's sent off now!

Where else are you applying?? Check out the thread in the geography course forum if you haven't already!
Ruthi-SH
Name:Ruth
A-level Grades:AAA (bio, chem nd maths)
Chosen course:Pharmacy (MPharm)
Any other info: Im on a gap year atm and im a bit scared at how competitive nottingham is coz i realy really want to go

It's competitive but considering you have achieved AAA at A-level you should be fine :smile:
Grapevine
Where else are you applying?? Check out the thread in the geography course forum if you haven't already!

I'm applying to Southampton, Oxford (Mansfield college), Exeter and Nottingham. Don't know about the 5th yet so am waitng to see what offers/rejections I get before I apply. What about you? *Now goes to Geography thread!*

Latest

Trending

Trending