fijitastic
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just a bit confused on how to structure the introduction. My title is "To what extent does spaceflight affect an astronaut's physical and psychological health". I've thought about defining what spaceflight is and the history of it, but I'm not sure if that's good enough
happydayys
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hey! Just finished my EPQ...

Definitely define your terms in your introduction, so for your title specifically, explaining space flight but also exactly what you mean by physical health and psychological health. It’s important to make sure that the examiner is exactly clear on what you’re trying to say.

Talking about the history of it could be ok for a few senatnces, but you don’t to go off track. A lot of the marks for th report are focused around research management and synthesising reasearch into a report. This means that If you’re not sticking exactly to you’re question, you’re not going to get the marks you deserve because you’re going off track. So a few sentences is totally fine, but I wouldn’t focus your whole introduction around it.

Then explain how you’re argument is going to flow, and explain the sections that you’re going to write about

And then thats basically the introduction over and you can start your first section
fijitastic
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by happydayys)
Hey! Just finished my EPQ...

Definitely define your terms in your introduction, so for your title specifically, explaining space flight but also exactly what you mean by physical health and psychological health. It’s important to make sure that the examiner is exactly clear on what you’re trying to say.

Talking about the history of it could be ok for a few senatnces, but you don’t to go off track. A lot of the marks for th report are focused around research management and synthesising reasearch into a report. This means that If you’re not sticking exactly to you’re question, you’re not going to get the marks you deserve because you’re going off track. So a few sentences is totally fine, but I wouldn’t focus your whole introduction around it.

Then explain how you’re argument is going to flow, and explain the sections that you’re going to write about

And then thats basically the introduction over and you can start your first section
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what was your EPQ about and how long was your introduction?

Thanks for the tips!
happydayys
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by fijitastic)
Hope you don't mind me asking, but what was your EPQ about and ho long was your introduction?

Thanks for the tips!
No worries!

My EPQ was “are genes the major factor in Obesity” and my introduction was around 300 words
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.18%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
12.94%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.88%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (15)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed