The Student Room Group

Changing uni courses

I will be starting uni in September 2021 and I’ve got all my offers but what happens if I want to change my course and do something different. How would that happen?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I will be starting uni in September 2021 and I’ve got all my offers but what happens if I want to change my course and do something different. How would that happen?

take a gap year and reapply?
You have to contact UCAS, I would suggest going on their website and going to the help section but you may have to wait till the school year opens. They have a section where you can contact them by email or call.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

If the unis that have given you offers also do the course you want to change to, then contact them directly to ask whether you can change. If that doesn't work or you prefer other unis for your new course, then look at UCAS Extra before other options.
You cannot change Unis at this stage - you can however change courses at the same Unis you have applied to, if they agree.

Contact them individually to request this (not UCAS), but make sure you have the right grades, and that this is really what you want - getting cold feet and feeling a bit uncertain at this stage is normal, so you may like to wait and ask for a change of course later, or at Clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending