Doing physics without maths a level

Watch this thread
Soooyaa
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm doing all 3 sciences for a level and i really enjoy doing them 3 but most of the times i struggle with physics in class but when i go home and learn and study it i get it but for mechanics i understands most of the things apart from projectile motions and my biggest fear is not being able to get a predicted A grade by the end of year 12. I recently did an assessment and got a D. I find the past papers for mechanics quite hard and I'm scared that i might not be able to get the predicted A grade by the end of this academic year... Any advice on how i can turn things around and is it possible to get atleast an A as my predicted grade for year 13 and achieve it? I really want to do medicine for uni.
k86754
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Soooyaa)
I'm doing all 3 sciences for a level and i really enjoy doing them 3 but most of the times i struggle with physics in class but when i go home and learn and study it i get it but for mechanics i understands most of the things apart from projectile motions and my biggest fear is not being able to get a predicted A grade by the end of year 12. I recently did an assessment and got a D. I find the past papers for mechanics quite hard and I'm scared that i might not be able to get the predicted A grade by the end of this academic year... Any advice on how i can turn things around and is it possible to get atleast an A as my predicted grade for year 13 and achieve it? I really want to do medicine for uni.
Which exam board do you do for physics?
I do OCR B and a lot of the topics are mathematical, mainly where you use equations that are given. Whilst is it mathematical, you don't actually need A Level Maths and you only need a strong foundation in basic maths like rearranging equations, drawing graphs and finding gradients etc. Personally for my exam board, we don't do a mechanics topic but would you be able to tell me what you actually cover in this topic?
The best way to improve is just carry on practising. What Mathematical abilities are actually asked of you?
Soooyaa
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by k86754)
Which exam board do you do for physics?
I do OCR B and a lot of the topics are mathematical, mainly where you use equations that are given. Whilst is it mathematical, you don't actually need A Level Maths and you only need a strong foundation in basic maths like rearranging equations, drawing graphs and finding gradients etc. Personally for my exam board, we don't do a mechanics topic but would you be able to tell me what you actually cover in this topic?
The best way to improve is just carry on practising. What Mathematical abilities are actually asked of yo
Hi! i do AQA physics and you're right atm the i just need the basic maths skills but it's jsut the exam questions such as for projectile motions and moments is very hard and confusing
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (10)
35.71%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (9)
32.14%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
7.14%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (1)
3.57%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (2)
7.14%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
10.71%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
3.57%

Watched Threads