The Student Room Group

uni halls

Am i too old for halls? I'm going to be 25 when i start uni and i feel like i'm going to be waaaay too old for halls and everyone is going to judge me.. but its a new city so i won't know anyone. Help!
Original post by Anonymous
Am i too old for halls? I'm going to be 25 when i start uni and i feel like i'm going to be waaaay too old for halls and everyone is going to judge me.. but its a new city so i won't know anyone. Help!

Hi, you're not too old don't worry. I know lots of people who are mid 20's in halls :smile: They've never spoken to me about being judged about their age. Genuinely I feel like worrying about being too old for uni is more of a personal problem, no one will care. Also, when I met my friends who were 25, I didn't know they were older and when they told me I didn't think of them any differently.

Hope this helps, good luck with uni :smile:

Hey Anonymous,

25 is definitely not too old my friends are in halls and they're 27. At uni, you really can't notice the age gap people genuinely don't judge. It doesn't make a difference!

Hope this reassures you and do let us know if you have any other questions!
From,

Amina 😊

Hiya!

Whilst being at uni I found such a mix of students across different ages, so you definitely won't be the only student who's older than the stereotypical 18 year old student. I think that when you're at uni, age doesn't matter all that much and you really don't notice it! :smile:

Especially due to covid, I think students will have deferred, so next year you will find that there will be more students who are older than 18. I would recommend having an en suite in first year if you do chose to live in accommodation just because I found it great to have my own independence and own space but I still lived with 8 other people in a flat (a mix of 18-22 year olds) and we shared the kitchen. Students in their 2nd,3rd,4th etc year at uni decide to live in halls so you won't be the only student who's not 18!

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest