The Student Room Group

Leeds dentistry applicants entry 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nuhasalem
Well let’s hope for the best and for it to be soon, if I get one I’ll be sure to come on here and let you know

Same yeah fingers crossed we will get an invite soon. :redface:
What bmat score did you get? Mine is 4.2, 3.7, 3.5A and I applied as a graduate.
Original post by aspireddentist
Same yeah fingers crossed we will get an invite soon. :redface:
What bmat score did you get? Mine is 4.2, 3.7, 3.5A and I applied as a graduate.

I got 4.8, 4.8, 3.0B and last year I got what you got but 2.5A in the essay and they gave me an interview so hopefully this year they do that too
Reply 22
Well done guys, all those BMAT scores look fab, so hopefully we all hear from Leeds soon!!
(Original post by Nuhasalem)I got 4.8, 4.8, 3.0B and last year I got what you got but 2.5A in the essay and they gave me an interview so hopefully this year they do that too
:wink:
(Original post by Nuhasalem)I got 4.8, 4.8, 3.0B and last year I got what you got but 2.5A in the essay and they gave me an interview so hopefully this year they do that too
:wink:

what were the rest of ur stats last year when they gave you an interview
Original post by Nikhil1234
what were the rest of ur stats last year when they gave you an interview

I was predicted A*AA and my ucat was 2970
Does anyone know how they'll take into account the special circumstances? Like I had serious technical difficulties and had to sit in the exam hall for 3 hours doing nothing as they were trying to contact the BMAT people while everyone was already doing the exam? Do you know if they'll take that into consideration?
Reply 27
Original post by Nikhil1234
Does anyone know how they'll take into account the special circumstances? Like I had serious technical difficulties and had to sit in the exam hall for 3 hours doing nothing as they were trying to contact the BMAT people while everyone was already doing the exam? Do you know if they'll take that into consideration?

I mean if you haven't been rejected then they probably have? Idk, I was thinking maybe they wouldn't really use BMAT massively this year because lots of people had issues, but then Idk how that would work
yeah i had issues too so i wasn’t actually able to ait it and leeds said this year they were going to be more holistic than ever on evaluation
Reply 29
e

Original post by Giuliaf
yeah i had issues too so i wasn’t actually able to ait it and leeds said this year they were going to be more holistic than ever on evaluation

Yeah that is probably why they are taking so long tbh, because they are probably reading way more personal statements etc than they usually would. Although that's just what I am thinking, who knows what they're actually doing to distinguish between applicants! I wouldn't want to be in their shoes!! !!
exactly i was thinking the same... i think gcses might count more maybe anyway it’s reassuring we all haven’t heard at least hahah
Original post by Giuliaf
exactly i was thinking the same... i think gcses might count more maybe anyway it’s reassuring we all haven’t heard at least hahah

ah thats too bad my GCSE arent the greatest (8887777765A)
Original post by emoor03
I mean if you haven't been rejected then they probably have? Idk, I was thinking maybe they wouldn't really use BMAT massively this year because lots of people had issues, but then Idk how that would work

i still sat the BMAT but was sat in the exam hall for 5 hours lol. i didnt even eat b4 doing the exam lol. I just hope they might give out more interveiws than usual this year
they’ll take that into consideration for sure , it’d be unfair otherwise don’t worry :smile:
Original post by Giuliaf
they’ll take that into consideration for sure , it’d be unfair otherwise don’t worry :smile:

Reply 35
anything from Leeds yet? :frown:
Original post by emoor03
anything from Leeds yet? :frown:

No and I am starting to worry:frown:
No and I am starting to worry:frown:

Don’t worry about it everyone’s in the same boat!
Nothing :frown:
Original post by Nuhasalem
Don’t worry about it everyone’s in the same boat!

Thanks!:smile: Hopefully we will hear by the end of next week. This is so sad keeping us for so long.

Quick Reply

Latest