The Student Room Group

Ex girlfriend upset that I didn't care about being dumped. Why?

I got dumped by my ex like a month ago and to be honest I didn't really care or was bothered about it at all. She was my first girlfriend and she dumped me so that she could focus more on coursework for college which is fair enough. Exams are coming up soon and both of us have got subjects we need to spend a lot of time studying for. But the thing is when she dumped me, I wasn't bothered by it at all. I didn't get upset in any way, shape or form and I didnt try to win her back or anything like a lot of people do after being dumped. She basically said to me that 'I think we are better off splitting to focus more on work for our Exams' and I said 'alright then, fair enough' and then we split and left it like that.

But for some reason my ex wasn't happy with my response, saying "oh so you don't care about me" and "I thought you love me. Clearly you don't". What is that suppose to mean? She was the one who ended the relationship so why is she getting upset that I didn't try to stop her from ending it. It doesn't make any sense at all to me to be honest with you. Also she got annoyed that when she ended the relationship, I didn't cry or beg her to stay with me. And now she's posting love and healing quotes on her Snapchat stories everyday pretty much ever since it happened aswell as taking more pictures of herself to upload on social media and taking selfies of herself on her story a lot more. Shes also referencing happy couples to herself saying that she wont be that happy ever again. And according to three of her friends, the break up made her "depressed".

Anyways, like I said before I don't understand why she's apparently depressed and upset with me when she was the one that ended the relationship. I just didn't try to stop it because I can't be bothered begging for a girl to stay with me. Also when I was with my friends walking to the bus stop from college, a different girl in one of my lessons comes and speaks to me. My ex walked past after and gave me a death stare and apparently she said to her friends that she doesn't like seeing me with other girls. Anyways what does this mean and why is she acting like this after dumping me?

Scroll to see replies

My suggestion, run a mile. Maybe she had regrets about dumping you, maybe she was 'testing' you too see how much you 'care' and it backfired. Either way, how she is acting now is just a red flag and you probably had a luck escape.
Yucky yucky.

That's my response, and I hope you understand what that means.
Your response to her breaking up with you makes it sound like you don’t like her and that you don’t care...?
Your ex is a hormonal manipulative Loonytune™ basically.

After being dumped, if then slapped with a 'I thought you loved me!?...' my reply would be a near instant 'Get F'ed, You just dumped me ' and that would be it, if anything it's handy that she showed her true colours so clearly, makes it easier going forward knowing you likely dodged a bullet. I'd be making that quite clear to any friends who asked.

Given that the dumper by default has time to prepare and come to terms with things, And the Dumpee get's it literally, well, dumped on them in a onner...to then sit and try and manipulative the breakup with such comments is pretty sick. It's pretty much gaslighting.
Reply 5
Original post by Ramipril
My suggestion, run a mile. Maybe she had regrets about dumping you, maybe she was 'testing' you too see how much you 'care' and it backfired. Either way, how she is acting now is just a red flag and you probably had a luck escape.

Maybe, who knows. I just think it's weird. Why dump me just for that.

Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Yucky yucky.

That's my response, and I hope you understand what that means.

I do.

Original post by Spencer5567
Your response to her breaking up with you makes it sound like you don’t like her and that you don’t care...?

Well she dumped me so why would she care anyways if I responded like that? Plus I thought she would know from dating me that I'm not really the most emotional person in general.
Reply 6
Original post by StriderHort
Your ex is a hormonal manipulative Loonytune™ basically.

After being dumped, if then slapped with a 'I thought you loved me!?...' my reply would be a near instant 'Get F'ed, You just dumped me ' and that would be it, if anything it's handy that she showed her true colours so clearly, makes it easier going forward knowing you likely dodged a bullet. I'd be making that quite clear to any friends who asked.

Given that the dumper by default has time to prepare and come to terms with things, And the Dumpee get's it literally, well, dumped on them in a onner...to then sit and try and manipulative the breakup with such comments is pretty sick. It's pretty much gaslighting.

Yeah true. It just doesn't make sense, what she's doing tbh. Why is she so depressed over dumping me? Like she ended the relationship, exactly. Surely it should be me whos so upset over it but for sone reason its her. And now she's putting love quotes and healing quotes on her Snapchat and everyone is saying to me that it's because I "broke her heart". Literally the amount of people that have said that to me is mad honestly.
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah true. It just doesn't make sense, what she's doing tbh. Why is she so depressed over dumping me? Like she ended the relationship, exactly. Surely it should be me whos so upset over it but for sone reason its her. And now she's putting love quotes and healing quotes on her Snapchat and everyone is saying to me that it's because I "broke her heart". Literally the amount of people that have said that to me is mad honestly.

Is this her/your first relationship? It's weird but it's nothing rare. Some people handle breakups badly, including those who did the breaking up.
Yeah true. It just doesn't make sense,

If it made sense to you, you'd be a Looneytune™ too, that's the point.

What she is doing makes perfect sense if you are a manipulative narcissist who doesn't care about others feelings and get's a giddy thrill of playing the victim.

Don't get into fights or discussions about it, just keep it simple that you were dumped and you don't know what's she is talking about. Stay away from her social media, keep your distance full stop.
Reply 9
Is this her/your first relationship? It's weird but it's nothing rare. Some people handle breakups badly, including those who did the breaking up.

Yeah she is. I've never met anyone who did the break up who handled it badly though. It just doesn't make sense imo so I don't know why she is.
If it made sense to you, you'd be a Looneytune™ too, that's the point.

What she is doing makes perfect sense if you are a manipulative narcissist who doesn't care about others feelings and get's a giddy thrill of playing the victim.

Don't get into fights or discussions about it, just keep it simple that you were dumped and you don't know what's she is talking about. Stay away from her social media, keep your distance full stop.

Alright, true and thanks maybe I'll just block her so I don't have to see it.
Yeah she is. I've never met anyone who did the break up who handled it badly though. It just doesn't make sense imo so I don't know why she is.

I'm older than you and have heard and known plenty of people who have acted like her/dealt with someone like her and worse after a break up. Trust me, just forget about it and move on.
She wants it every which way. Ignore and move on.
Original post by YaliaV123

ooh-ER! :eek:
:tongue:
ooh-ER! :eek:

Matron
I'm older than you and have heard and known plenty of people who have acted like her/dealt with someone like her and worse after a break up. Trust me, just forget about it and move on.

Cheers, I will do. I did block her on everything a few hours ago and for some reason though her friends keep sending me messages asking me why I did and saying it upset her even more. Should I just block all her friends now too or should I just air them? Or do i respond to them?

Original post by YaliaV123

Thanks, I blocked her so that I dont have to see it anymore but like I said for some reason her friends keep spamming me saying I'm a jerk for upsetting her and that me blocking her has upset her even more. Should I just block her friends too? Or do I air them? Or do I respond to them? I'm kinda worried that if I block her friends then this cycle will continue and honestly yeah I would rather move on from that.

Maybe but the thing is she didnt act like this until she dumped me. Do you reckon she was just faking her real personality for ages whilst she was dating me? And how should I go about in ignoring her friends who are calling me a jerk and spamming me on Snapchat asking why I blocked her on everything? Should I not even open their message or should I open it and not respond or should I just respond and then air them after?
Some people wanna live that Bridget Jone fantasy where they have someone chasing after them because they’re so hopelessly in love with them. Ignore her.
I got dumped by my ex like a month ago and to be honest I didn't really care or was bothered about it at all. She was my first girlfriend and she dumped me so that she could focus more on coursework for college which is fair enough. Exams are coming up soon and both of us have got subjects we need to spend a lot of time studying for. But the thing is when she dumped me, I wasn't bothered by it at all. I didn't get upset in any way, shape or form and I didnt try to win her back or anything like a lot of people do after being dumped. She basically said to me that 'I think we are better off splitting to focus more on work for our Exams' and I said 'alright then, fair enough' and then we split and left it like that.

But for some reason my ex wasn't happy with my response, saying "oh so you don't care about me" and "I thought you love me. Clearly you don't". What is that suppose to mean? She was the one who ended the relationship so why is she getting upset that I didn't try to stop her from ending it. It doesn't make any sense at all to me to be honest with you. Also she got annoyed that when she ended the relationship, I didn't cry or beg her to stay with me. And now she's posting love and healing quotes on her Snapchat stories everyday pretty much ever since it happened aswell as taking more pictures of herself to upload on social media and taking selfies of herself on her story a lot more. Shes also referencing happy couples to herself saying that she wont be that happy ever again. And according to three of her friends, the break up made her "depressed".

Anyways, like I said before I don't understand why she's apparently depressed and upset with me when she was the one that ended the relationship. I just didn't try to stop it because I can't be bothered begging for a girl to stay with me. Also when I was with my friends walking to the bus stop from college, a different girl in one of my lessons comes and speaks to me. My ex walked past after and gave me a death stare and apparently she said to her friends that she doesn't like seeing me with other girls. Anyways what does this mean and why is she acting like this after dumping me?

This sounds like my ex.

I finished with him with a smile and waved at him through the window as he drove away.

Because I didn't seem unhappy enough, he came back the next day and shouted at me a lot. Made no difference.

A month later, he came back with a video of mine he had found under his couch and asked if I would see him again

Errr no.

I have never missed him for one nano second since.

She is causing all this drama because wanted you to be unhappy, to flatter her vanity. Not a good sign, is it?

Don't you want an easy life, with a girl who is lovely to you, without creating all this unnecessary drama? Of course you do. You seem like a straightforward kind of person.

And you can tell those friends of hers they can just fix her up with some other guy, because you don't miss her at all. Lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending