o0Ashi0o
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello! I was wondering if anyone could possibly help with these questions on Gas Exchange? Thank you so much! Name:  0FBA4E9D-BE70-4A4D-A5FF-305145BC4417.jpg.jpeg
Views: 17
Size:  60.6 KB
Aneesah29x
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
ai) Many filaments so large surface area.
Large number of capillaries to maintain a diffusion gradient.
Thin epithelium provides a short diffusion pathway
aii) It maintains a concentration gradient so diffusion occurs across the whole length of the gill.
b) Less energy is required.
ci) Larger surface area for gas exchange.
cii) Lowers water potential of tissues therefore liquid moves in by osmosis.
ciii) Diffusion pathway is too long therefore won’t be able to supply enough oxygen.
I hope that has helped !!
o0Ashi0o
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but thank you so much! Your answer was a massive help.
Aneesah29x
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by o0Ashi0o)
Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but thank you so much! Your answer was a massive help.
Oh it’s fine I’m glad it helped you out ! 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.69%
Note taking apps (7)
1.86%
Flashcards (86)
22.81%
Revision guides (19)
5.04%
Past papers (172)
45.62%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.98%

Watched Threads