The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bisexual ppl get this more generally???

i guess that openly bi men are less common or vocal about it than openly bi women. also it seems that women get to be more picky in general. a guy dating a bi girl may feel like he's not in a position to say much because that girl has the full range to pick from :biggrin: guys are often also conditioned to think that bi-ness in women is kewl and sexy

just theories tho plz don't take it as anything other than my opinion
Probably because those women associate a potential male date who is bisexual with sexual incompatibility or only want to date heterosexual guys.
I've heard a few heterosexual guys say that they don't find bisexual women sexually attractive for very similar reasons.
Because we will doubt them.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
More than the other way around? I understand people have a right to date who they want but it seems that the prejudice against men who are attracted to men is significant.

I've seen on Reddit how many men don't disclose because they've been ghosted online or in real life by women when going on a date.

I've heard it's because they're seen as effeminate or more likely to cheat.

i noticed this on here a couple of years back.

the whole world and his wife on here claims to be pro "LGBT" but when women are asked would they date a bisexual man huge swatches of them say no :rofl:
Because of silly stereotypes and misconceptions. As a bi woman, I never understood where people get this idea that we’re suddenly more promiscuous or more likely to cheat. We still got our morals intact lmao. Unfortunately, it’s even harder for bisexual men because they instantly get written off as complete gay.
Original post by ANM775

the whole world and his wife on here claims to be pro "LGBT" but when women are asked would they date a bisexual man huge swatches of them say no :rofl:

Curiously enough I've never heard you make this claim and doubt that any woman you marry ever will. :biggrin:
Unless she's trying the ultimate troll on mother in law or desperately seeking to provoke you into filing for divorce and looking to add lots of drama into legal proceedings. :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by ANM775

seems like half of all women either wouldn't date a bi guy or have strong reservations..

https://poll.fm/5854246/results
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
it's all down to the power of the penis. If a girl has had relationships with girls before, a lot of men won't take that seriously and will think what do lesbians even do, just clam smashing. but if a guy has been with other guys a girl will feel she hasn't got a penis so he may be unsatisfied by her.
Original post by Angela_Agbaji
Because of silly stereotypes and misconceptions. As a bi woman, I never understood where people get this idea that we’re suddenly more promiscuous or more likely to cheat. We still got our morals intact lmao. Unfortunately, it’s even harder for bisexual men because they instantly get written off as complete gay.

I've heard this plenty of times & it really doesn't make any sense to me. The way I see it, people who are 100% straight or 100% gay can be in a committed relationship & still find other people of their preferred gender attractive so why should it be any different for bisexuals?

Original post by londonmyst
Probably because those women associate a potential male date who is bisexual with sexual incompatibility or only want to date heterosexual guys.
I've heard a few heterosexual guys say that they don't find bisexual women sexually attractive for very similar reasons.

A couple of other misconceptions I've heard is the idea that bisexuals are indecisive & why can't we just commit to being interested in one gender or the other:rolleyes:
People who think bisexuality is 'just a phase'- well in my case it's a phase that's lasted all the way since I was about 13 then,:biggrin:
(edited 3 years ago)
I wouldn't date a bisexual man but I can't put my finger on why so I can't shed anymore light on it.
Quit fetishizing bisexual women. We do not exist for you sexual pleasure.
I will never date a bisexual woman. I want a straight woman
because they think people are going to judge them which explain why they might not say anything of the typical stereotype which isn't good of a bisexual person
Its a lot different when you find girl-on-girl hot.

That's more or less saying "Oh wow yeah girl-on-girl is not for her pleasure, its only for mine."

You're a cishet, I'm guessing? So, you finding straight women hot is literally your orientation, not a fetish.
Reply 15
Original post by the frog on you

That's more or less saying "Oh wow yeah girl-on-girl is not for her pleasure, its only for mine."

You're a cishet, I'm guessing? So, you finding straight women hot is literally your orientation, not a fetish.

nothing wrong with a male finding a bit of girl on girl hot, it's totally normal

go makeout in a club in front of a group of males and you will soon see :wink:
Original post by the frog on you

Quit telling people what they can and can't find hot.
I’m turned off by guys who engage in giving anal sex because it’s their **** inside someone’s bum hole with poo.
Original post by ANM775
nothing wrong with a male finding a bit of girl on girl hot, it's totally normal

go makeout in a club in front of a group of males and you will soon see :wink:

Like I SAID BEFORE: WE ARE NOT FOR YOUR SEXUAL PLEASURE SO NEVER EXPECT US TO DO THAT **** FOR YOU
Reply 19
Some women feel insecure dating a man who has more options or can cheat easier (because its easier to get away with it)
Some or a few women may feel their more promiscuous
Some women dont feel comfortable with the idea of their boyfriend doing specific sexual acts with males in the past, even if they dont have a problem with gay/ bi peers/friends. Its hard to go into this one without being too graphic lol.

Latest