The Student Room Group

Would you date a girl/lady who has bulimia?

Would you date a girl/lady who has bulimia, or would you find it off-putting? Especially if you liked her as person and thought she was pretty?

Scroll to see replies

Wouldn’t mind at all.
dude
Original post by Anonymous
Would you date a girl/lady who has bulimia, or would you find it off-putting? Especially if you liked her as person and thought she was pretty?

my girlfriend has bulimia, I do my best to help her feel supported and try to watch out for bulimic behaviours, I have no problem with her having the issue but I have a problem with the issue and want to help her overcome it
Bulimia is generally a very secretive illness, so most people wouldn't realise that their date has it.

In answer to your question it depends on how severe it was. If she was too unwell to have meaningful/ healthy relationship, no.
(edited 3 years ago)
what is bulimia
dating a bulimic girl doesn't mean ur into stomach acid, love the person not the eating disorder
Original post by glassalice
Bulimia is generally a very secretive illness, so most people would be unlikely to realise that their date has it.

singer for crystal castles?
Original post by Benji8492
singer for crystal castles?

Nope, never heard of Crystal castles before. A coincidents.
exactumondo
what is bulimia

an eating disorder, its very complicated but basically people feel fat so they make themselves puke to get rid of the weight, lots of other stuff involved tho, its really not a simply disorder
Original post by Rosie_IoM
an eating disorder, its very complicated but basically people feel fat so they make themselves puke to get rid of the weight, lots of other stuff involved tho, its really not a simply disorder

so like anorexia?
Reply 12
Maybe, maybe not.
so like anorexia?

anorexia is also an eating disorder but it mainly involves starving yourself or eating very very little
Original post by Anonymous

Having spent 10 years of my life having an ED myself, I wouldn't.
Reply 15
Most people wouldn't be two stressed about it. I think there are two issues.

If the person is skinny to the point where it makes someone uncomfortable to look at them, I can see that being an issue.

If breaking up with that person could lead to the condition becoming worse, that's definitely a cause for concern. You don't wanna be trapped in a relationship because you're afraid that leaving them would seriously damage them (trust me). Maybe just try to reassure people that this isn't an issue but, if it is, you may have problems in the future because nobody wants to hurt someone like that
(edited 3 years ago)
No, I'm a heterosexual female.
I wouldn't date a guy who I know has bulimia or had a history of it.
Stomach acid is essential for digestion though :laugh:.
Tbf, having bulimia long-term could cause chronic acid reflux, but I think Gaviscon Advance is more effective because it doesn't hinder digestion like Omeprazole. Stomach acid is not the enemy! It tastes nasty and burns like hell, but we need it in the stomach.
Bulimia means you vomit your food out. How does that affect your sex life?
An eating dissorder where you purge loads of food then induce vomiting to get it all out your system

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending