Allera
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi,
I am totally confused about whether I should do A Level maths or physics. Which subject is the easiest and what are your experiences?
Thank you in advance!
TrES2b
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
maths will be easier for you than physics 100% but the key word is "easier" not easy
Zuvio
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Allera)
Hi,
I am totally confused about whether I should do A Level maths or physics. Which subject is the easiest and what are your experiences?
Thank you in advance!
What other subjects are you doing? What do you want to do after a levels? What are you predicted at GCSE?

If you don't want to do something physics related, do maths. If you want to do physics, I would strongly advise not doing it without maths, as physics requires a lot of maths, beyond GCSE level. Everyone in my physics class does maths, and about a third of us also do further maths.
Allera
Rep:
?
Did you take A Level maths?
Allera
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zuvio)
What other subjects are you doing? What do you want to do after a levels? What are you predicted at GCSE?

If you don't want to do something physics related, do maths. If you want to do physics, I would strongly advise not doing it without maths, as physics requires a lot of maths, beyond GCSE level. Everyone in my physics class does maths, and about a third of us also do further maths.
Well, I am doing A-Level biology and chemistry, and hope to get into medicine. My predicted grades were all 9's.
Jessica03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I’ve heard physics and maths are heavily related, as in there’s lots of physics in maths and lots of maths in physics. In my school it is a requirement that you take both alevel maths and alevel physics
TrES2b
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Did you take A Level maths?
yes and i also did a level physics for two weeks before i dropped it
Well, I am doing A-Level biology and chemistry, and hope to get into medicine. My predicted grades were all 9's.
oh i think it will be "easier" for you to take math as it nots memorisation based rather skilled based so youll be fine if you practice from day 1. in my opinion.
Zuvio
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I'd say go for maths (or maybe both if you're up for 4). Bio, chem & maths are appropriate subjects to get into medicine, and maths is significantly easier than physics. I also take further maths, and still find that easier than physics.
Zuvio
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Jessica03)
I’ve heard physics and maths are heavily related, as in there’s lots of physics in maths and lots of maths in physics. In my school it is a requirement that you take both alevel maths and alevel physics
Do you mean that you need to do maths if you're doing physics? That I can see, as anyone going on to use physics will need to use maths anyway.
But if you mean that you have to take physics if you're doing maths, that makes no sense. True, there is mechanics in maths, but you don't need anything that you won't learn in maths. And there are plenty of things people could do with maths that won't need physics, e.g. economics or computer science.
Jessica03
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Zuvio)
Do you mean that you need to do maths if you're doing physics? That I can see, as anyone going on to use physics will need to use maths anyway.
But if you mean that you have to take physics if you're doing maths, that makes no sense. True, there is mechanics in maths, but you don't need anything that you won't learn in maths. And there are plenty of things people could do with maths that won't need physics, e.g. economics or computer science.
Yes sorry I meant I’d you take physics you must also take maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (110)
27.85%
England (135)
34.18%
Belgium (30)
7.59%
Germany (41)
10.38%
Spain (8)
2.03%
Italy (34)
8.61%
Netherlands (13)
3.29%
Other (Tell us who) (24)
6.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise