The Student Room Group

2 weeks until psychology mock, advice needed!

I've got my psychology mock soon and I've spent my holiday revising for chemistry mainly as I got a U in my September mock (chemistry really isn't my thing lmao!) but I need to give some thought to psychology and I haven't got much time. What's the best thing for me to do?
I've got pretty poor memory (not just saying that - I have dyslexia and in my psychological assessment they concluded that I have poor working memory YAY:/) , I've tried essay plans and they help a little but nothing really sticks.

Thanks in advance x
Original post by 14t
I've got my psychology mock soon and I've spent my holiday revising for chemistry mainly as I got a U in my September mock (chemistry really isn't my thing lmao!) but I need to give some thought to psychology and I haven't got much time. What's the best thing for me to do?
I've got pretty poor memory (not just saying that - I have dyslexia and in my psychological assessment they concluded that I have poor working memory YAY:/) , I've tried essay plans and they help a little but nothing really sticks.

Thanks in advance x

Hiya, Ive recently just completed my psychology A-level and got an A grade. What exam board are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by unicorn12389
Hiya, Ive recently just completed my psychology A-level and got an A grade. What exam board are you doing?

wow well done! im AQA
Original post by 14t
wow well done! im AQA

Thank you, I did AQA as well. The important thing is to focus on evaluations, the way I did essay plans was to go over major topics and studies have strengths and weakness memorised for them and uses that as my basis to build from in my exam. Make sure to request extra time if your dyslexic and active recall can be really effective increasing your memory. I would happy to set up a free video call to discuss what your struggling with and give you some more tips if you'd like to private message me.

I also have some notes attached to my other thread.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6855720&p=92962164#post92962164
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest