The Student Room Group

What goals do you have for 2021? How to set effective goals and my 2021 goals :)

[video="youtube;0Wb_2Ov68fQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wb_2Ov68fQ[/video]

For many of us, we set New Years resolutions and goals for ourselves when most of the time the promises we have in them to ourselves are pretty empty i.e. they have no real substance behind them. So how can you set goals you will achieve?

Simple, you have to make sure you believe in the goals you are setting yourself but also that they are very specific and have a timescale so you can be held accountable for the goals that you are setting. Make goals setting something you actually want to achieve and do as opposed to something you feel like you should do. I will also be outlining what my goals for 2021 are and how I plan on achieving them, so you guys can hold me accountable for the goals that I'm setting myself!

Please let me know in the comments what your goals for 2021 are, as well as how you will achieve your 2021 goals.

Will you try anything new? Will you keep doing what you've been doing, or are there aspects which you wish to improve on?
(edited 3 years ago)
resolutions r gr8, discipline is greater..and tht's on period.
Reply 2
Original post by HS_1
resolutions r gr8, discipline is greater..and tht's on period.

Haha to be fair resolutions aren't normally my thing either as they never get stuck to, that's why I've branded mine as goals instead 😂
A list of goals

Learn French
Try to master the guitar
Practise meditation
Plan a quiz night
Develop empathy
Start learning how to sew properly
Enjoy life
Find a boyfriend
Adopt a kid
Write more often
Go to a church service once more
Hone my logical mind
Host a international evening
Organise a fundraising event- ideas wanted
Travel alone independently
Keep learning
Reply 4
Original post by tinygirl96
A list of goals

Learn French
Try to master the guitar
Practise meditation
Plan a quiz night
Develop empathy
Start learning how to sew properly
Enjoy life
Find a boyfriend
Adopt a kid
Write more often
Go to a church service once more
Hone my logical mind
Host a international evening
Organise a fundraising event- ideas wanted
Travel alone independently
Keep learning

Wow that is quite an array of goals! Are they all for this year or ongoing?
Original post by Maxtalks
Wow that is quite an array of goals! Are they all for this year or ongoing?

a mixture.
Reply 6
Original post by tinygirl96
a mixture.

Awesome, good luck with them!! 🙌🙌
Improve my rowing
I hope to stop procrastinating. I have a horrible habit of holding off things because of my laziness smhhh

Quick Reply

Latest