The Student Room Group

Amend UCAS application after getting place

Hi, I've recently been accepted for uni next year, originally I put on the application I will be living at home however after some deliberation I will be living at halls. I am unable to update UCAS track stating this as I've already accepted the place. I've contacted UCAS who have told me there's nothing they can do to update it. My question is, does it really matter? Do I need to find a way to get my residency changed on UCAS from at home to living in halls or does it not make a difference at all
Original post by iistroudley
Hi, I've recently been accepted for uni next year, originally I put on the application I will be living at home however after some deliberation I will be living at halls. I am unable to update UCAS track stating this as I've already accepted the place. I've contacted UCAS who have told me there's nothing they can do to update it. My question is, does it really matter? Do I need to find a way to get my residency changed on UCAS from at home to living in halls or does it not make a difference at all

you can still apply for accommodation, my boyfriend put he would be living at home and still got a place in halls as a scottish student going to a scottish university (just incase that matters)

The only difference this makes is that unis may use this flag to pop you on an accommodation mailing list. You are still welcome to apply for halls regardless of which option you picked.

If you are starting in Sept 2022 then your accommodation process likely doesn't need to be started until sometime around March/April 2022, (but each uni is different).

In the meantime, have a look at their accommodation pages and familiarise yourself with their key dates and what you need to do nearer the time.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
The only difference this makes is that unis may use this flag to pop you on an accommodation mailing list. You are still welcome to apply for halls regardless of which option you picked.

If you are starting in Sept 2022 then your accommodation process likely doesn't need to be started until sometime around March/April 2022, (but each uni is different).

In the meantime, have a look at their accommodation pages and familiarise yourself with their key dates and what you need to do nearer the time.

Sorry I meant as in I’m starting September 2021 (I keep losing track of days!) Does it matter that I’ve put living at homes on the already accepted unconditional offer, I have applied for accommodation separately with the uni.
Sorry I meant as in I’m starting September 2021 (I keep losing track of days!) Does it matter that I’ve put living at homes on the already accepted unconditional offer, I have applied for accommodation separately with the uni.

No worries, I always get muddled at the start of the year :smile:

If you have already submitted an accommodation application then it definitely won't make any difference. The offer isn't based on where you initially declared you thought you would be living.

The only purpose of that checkbox is to send you marketing emails. Just be sure to check website for when accommodation applications open bc they may not send it to u
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
No worries, I always get muddled at the start of the year :smile:

If you have already submitted an accommodation application then it definitely won't make any difference. The offer isn't based on where you initially declared you thought you would be living.

Thanks for your help!

Quick Reply