17chloe
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
hi guys, im in y13 and im planning to buy revision guides for my mocks. my exam boards are
bio (aqa)
chem (aqa)
maths (aqa)
further maths (ocr mei b)
but according to amazon reviews, they're a bit basic and stuff (idk if thats good or not lol)
which ones would you recommend? just the normal aqa cgp ones or are there any other ones i've missed online?
RoseVet
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi, I have the aqa bio and chem books, and the aqa practise maths book. I have found them useful, although for chem I also have a cgp book which I find easier to work with!
I definitely don’t think they’re basic, but for some of the topics it’s just bit chunks of information which can be quite difficult to take in, hence why I prefer the cgp chem book. The books do include out of spec information too though, which can help in application questions and for the bio essay in paper 3! They also include practise questions and end of topic tests. If you can, I would see if you can get second hand books as they are very expensive!!

Also if you can I would ask your school about it, as mine order the books in bulk and so can sell them to us cheaper!
Last edited by RoseVet; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.34%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (25)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.64%

Watched Threads