yunus404
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
ever since year 8 i was at grade 4 in English literature but still at year 11 i am still at grade 4. I literally try and revise and try and look for grade 9 analysis but it seems I am not getting out from that grade. guys please help by the way in English language on descriptive writing there seems to be a weird problem of the teacher not understanding what I write. will that also link with literature. how am I meant to do something that will allow the reader to understand what I write.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by yunus404)
ever since year 8 i was at grade 4 in English literature but still at year 11 i am still at grade 4. I literally try and revise and try and look for grade 9 analysis but it seems I am not getting out from that grade. guys please help by the way in English language on descriptive writing there seems to be a weird problem of the teacher not understanding what I write. will that also link with literature. how am I meant to do something that will allow the reader to understand what I write.
Do more reading and less obsessing over the syllabus and exam technique. Good English doesn't come from learning exam techniques, it comes from absorbing well written and spoken English. Get reading literature.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (54)
6.07%
Uncertainty around my education (101)
11.35%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (94)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (110)
12.36%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (44)
4.94%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (48)
5.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (99)
11.12%
Financial worries (60)
6.74%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (40)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (56)
6.29%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (26)
2.92%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (86)
9.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (72)
8.09%

Watched Threads