The Student Room Group

Are A levels cancelled? I've had enough of this

ugh, I know everyone wants them to be cancelled but I really wanted to do better than my current grades..

Scroll to see replies

I think so, they're "talking about alternative methods"... I too would like them to continue.
this is actually my resit year and they’ve just robbed me of my second chance

i can’t believe this has happened again, my dream of going to an RG uni has now been destroyed. unless i want to try again in 2022 LOL
Original post by MrSoloDolo

i can’t believe this has happened again, my dream of going to an RG uni has now been destroyed. unless i want to try again in 2022 LOL

same thing happened to me.
I'm literally 1 grade below Glasgow's offer and I'm just devastated
Reply 5
Original post by CaitlinBrittell
I'm literally 1 grade below Glasgow's offer and I'm just devastated

omg I'm so sorry
Original post by jidaaaaxo
omg I'm so sorry

was banking on doing better in the exams, guess thats not happening anymore :/
Reply 7

I'm so sorry omg
I'm so sorry omg

are you also in the same position? were you retaking?
Reply 9
Couple things. Predicted grades aren't CAG. We don't know CAGs are going to happen. School is still open virtually. Being one grade below an offer means you're fairly likely to get it as most unis are pretty lenient
Reply 10
Original post by Jmoore12
Couple things. Predicted grades aren't CAG. We don't know CAGs are going to happen. School is still open virtually. Being one grade below an offer means you're fairly likely to get it as most unis are pretty lenient

Ahh, are u sure? I'm trying to get into a Russel group and I'm scared ima get rejected
Reply 11
are you also in the same position? were you retaking?

Nope are you? I'm literally relying on my teachers at this point because a lot of people tried to retake this year and look they've cancelled exams again.
Reply 12
Ahh, are u sure? I'm trying to get into a Russel group and I'm scared ima get rejected

Certain on all points. Last year, predicted ucas grades weren't the same as CAGs
ugh, I know everyone wants them to be cancelled but I really wanted to do better than my current grades..

No joke. My dreams are crushed. At least with exams I had a chance of proving everyone wrong but now, no hope.
They aren't cancelled. Will be likely you will sit internal mocks in the summer for 50% of the grade and the other proportion will be a combination of predicted grades, centre assessed average grade etc.
Nope are you? I'm literally relying on my teachers at this point because a lot of people tried to retake this year and look they've cancelled exams again.

yea i’m a resit student, missed my choice last year by two grades

now i’m stuck in the predicament of going to my deferred place or applying again with my slightly higher predicted than last year

last year I got CBB, predicted BBB and was aiming for ABB.

This year i am retaking my C and B, they are both predicted B and A, and my final subject i wasn’t going to retake. just wondering if it’s worth applying again with only ABB, one grade up from last year, in hopes that i can get into the uni i want
Original post by AlooCurry
No joke. My dreams are crushed. At least with exams I had a chance of proving everyone wrong but now, no hope.

Where did you plan on taking the exam ? Because it's likely you may still be able to complete the course for better grades. They said no exams but that doesn't mean the exams are cancelled.
God I'm just so sick of all of this cancelling getting my hopes up and then crushing them
Original post by thegoldennugget
Where did you plan on taking the exam ? Because it's likely you may still be able to complete the course for better grades. They said no exams but that doesn't mean the exams are cancelled.

At school in the summer of 2021
Reply 19
Original post by AlooCurry

same omg, i don't even know what to do I've revised so much for nothing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending