The Student Room Group

2021 Private Candidate Support Thread

Hi guys,

Lots of you guys asked for a specific conversation to chat to each other as private candidates. Here it is :smile:

I will update this thread with any new information that directly relates to you guys as I get it!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

im crying and am so anxious idk what to do. i hadnt booked exams for this year but there arent any centres around me as is im so lost rn .
cheers for this

just feel so lost about this. this is the second time this has happened, and now i feel like i have no chance to go to my RG uni

is it still worth it to go through with my second application and reject my deferred place (eventually have to in early 2021) in hopes of getting a better university? i’m a private candidate so not sure how my work will be marked
Original post by MrSoloDolo
cheers for this

just feel so lost about this. this is the second time this has happened, and now i feel like i have no chance to go to my RG uni

is it still worth it to go through with my second application and reject my deferred place (eventually have to in early 2021) in hopes of getting a better university? i’m a private candidate so not sure how my work will be marked

pretty sure you can start a new application without having to reject your deferred place
Tagging in everyone who mentioned they were a private candidate in the last thread. I hope you guys don't mind.

@faz06 @studybuddy1302 @medic1023 @MrSoloDolo @sumayass @ana_0 @dumbgirltryhard @dentdentdent2021@choday
Reply 5
Anyone know any centres that took private candidates last year and provided CAGs?
If I have an offer of AAA but currently have AABC (C in EPQ), and the condition of the offer is that I have to get AAA, is it still possible to get into the university since I'm most likely not going to get the grade now? This university would be my dream and it's a course that I'm extremely passionate about (not medicine).
Reply 7
well worried about being forced into another gap year, it doesnt seem fair for private candidates at all. but ig we should just wait for more info to come out
can't stop crying I was one grade off
Hey guys, I am currently resitting all 3 a levels because my CAGs weren’t good enough for dentistry last year. I haven’t registered at a exam centre yet and don’t even know if I should. They are charging £140+paper fee per subject which is so so expensive
Original post by dentdentdent2021
Hey guys, I am currently resitting all 3 a levels because my CAGs weren’t good enough for dentistry last year. I haven’t registered at a exam centre yet and don’t even know if I should. They are charging £140+paper fee per subject which is so so expensive

what's the point in registering now that exams have been scrapped
Does anyone know what is going on with IGCSE Edexcel January 2021 exams? Eeeeek
I am meant to be sitting them next week.
Original post by haniab03
pretty sure you can start a new application without having to reject your deferred place

yes thanks i know that, but i was told in early 2021 you will have to decide between which applicstion you are going with

that’s why i’m worried, i’m wondering if it’s worth to apply again with slightly better predicted grades
Reply 13
Original post by dumbgirltryhard
can't stop crying I was one grade off

literally same :/ my college did me so dirty and now we may not even get the chance to prove ourselves
Reply 14
Original post by dumbgirltryhard
what's the point in registering now that exams have been scrapped

Because some exam centres offer CAGs incase Bojo decides to repeat what happened last year
:frown:
hey! im also a private candidate retaking my chemistry and maths a level. i originally got C& D resepectively and i really wanted 2 A's
I need to resit 2 of my subjects cos last year I got screwed over with my CAG’s and now this year it’s cancelled! They better have exams as an option for us private candidates. I hate how everyone makes that petition and signs it and never considers private candidates. We need a petition out there to say private candidates need exams and get everyone that screwed us over by signing that petition to cancel the exams to sign this one to help us. I’m sorry if I sound rude I’m just rlly upset!
Reply 18
now how am I supposed to improve on my CAGs...
Original post by skidj
Because some exam centres offer CAGs incase Bojo decides to repeat what happened last year

How does that work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending