The Student Room Group

UCAS. Applying for both music and psychology? Only one personal statement.

Hi. So, I'm thinking of changing one of my choices to a music degree and leaving the other 4 as psychology courses. You only attach one personal statement but I'm sure the people who look at the applications at the music school wouldn't be impressed by a psychology personal statement. They will instantly turn me away if they don't have a music oriented personal statement from me? Wot do I do. Thanks v much.
You could try do it half and half and speak about your passion for music ?? They will understand it’s so common for ppl to apply for very vastly different courses
Reply 2
Original post by Chestnut3636
You could try do it half and half and speak about your passion for music ?? They will understand it’s so common for ppl to apply for very vastly different courses

yeah I get u. thing is. ive already paid and sent so id be changing my course (which u can do before 14 days after paying and sending) but I can't change my personal statement anymore. Could I send a personal statement to the music school through email or something?
Original post by umo0
yeah I get u. thing is. ive already paid and sent so id be changing my course (which u can do before 14 days after paying and sending) but I can't change my personal statement anymore. Could I send a personal statement to the music school through email or something?

You’re not too late to redo another personal statement!! 16 of January! Is deadline, youd just have to pay and send again which is a pest. I think if you emailed idk if they would consider it I think it’s definitely more down to personal statement xx
Original post by umo0
Hi. So, I'm thinking of changing one of my choices to a music degree and leaving the other 4 as psychology courses. You only attach one personal statement but I'm sure the people who look at the applications at the music school wouldn't be impressed by a psychology personal statement. They will instantly turn me away if they don't have a music oriented personal statement from me? Wot do I do. Thanks v much.

I think you answered your own question- they are likely to reject you as you are not demonstrating a strong interest in their course, which should make you reflect on whether your idea is a sensible one.
A small number of Unis don’t read the PS like Bristol but generally speaking, you are very unlikely to get an offer for music with a PS geared towards Psychology, so you either stick with 5 Psychology choices or take some time out to reflect on what you really want to do at uni and maybe reapply for music at a later date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending