The Student Room Group

Teens getting into a fight

Hi, just curious, but when you are at school, have you ever been in a fight? If so, how did it start and what happened in the fight and who won?
Also does anyone want to get into a fight? Please explain your reasons

Scroll to see replies

No, I have never gotten into a fight at school.
Why would someone want to get into a fight?
Reply 2
Original post by Max Dixon
Hi, just curious, but when you are at school, have you ever been in a fight? If so, how did it start and what happened in the fight and who won?

i've had 5 fights at school

3 fights were with friends.

also had another 4 incidents which were borderline and very almost turned into fights, 2 of them also involved friends

also another "friend" decked me when i was having an arranged boxing match with another friend.

also 1 guy who i fought in year 8 later turned into a friend in year 10

1 guy who i almost fought in year 9 later turned into a friend in year 10

i've just realised, i've fought more friends than enemies :laugh:

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ANM775

also had another 4 incidents which were borderline and very almost turned into fights, 2 of them also involved friends

also another "friend" decked me when i was having an arranged boxing match with another friend.

Spoiler

Wow, everyone likes to get into a fight with you. Cool.
What happened in the one as an adult
No.
Reply 5
Wow, everyone likes to get into a fight with you. Cool.
What happened in the one as an adult

some random guy started shouting at me and being rude for dropping litter, he also started being racist...

things became heated. i threatened him. we squared up. a crowd intervened. the crowd was on his side at the beginning. then they found out this whole thing was caused by him being an ass about me dropping a mcdonalds paper bag. at one point he grabbed me by the neck and flung me, i managed to stay on my feet but dropped the remains of my burger. he went on giving lip and eventually some kids told me to hit him, ....the guy saw me clenching my fist and basically dared me to do it........., so i did and smacked him in the cheek. he reacted quite slowly to the blow so maybe it shocked him ...but then he started walking towards me agressively (presumably to punch me back), so i hit him again, and again .... , then one more time and then finally he got a right hook in, but by this time he had taken a fair few punches. then i hit him once more with a jab and as it connected above his eyebrow, blood spurted out, he let out this little cry, his legs gave way ....and he fell to the ground.

the kids went upto him and were looking at the blood. then members of the crowd told me to stop and leave. the man had jumped up by then. he wasn't finished. his face was bright red and he looked very angry. some other kid tried to hold him back. i was already walking away as the crowd had told me to go. i kept looking back at him to make sure he didn't get in a back attack. i could tell that this guy was too stubborn to "stay down" and if things continued i'd need to physically knock him out before he stopped fighting. which increased the risk of jail, as he might sustain more serious injuries ...or someone may call police to the fight. also the hook to the head from his punch, i felt my cognition slow when he hit me. i was not sure how much of them i could take before a knockdown/knockout. the reason he went down was because he took too much blows to the head in quick succession. the jab that floored him was not the hardest blow. more than likely i could of floored him again if he came at me (as he was in a worse state than me)....however considering the above, and considering he had technically essentially lost (as the crowd had to step in when he got floored), i decided perhaps it was best to not re engage..

I then got out the area fast, and jumped on a bus. whilst getting on the bus i noticed the bus driver giving me a bit of an odd look. when i sat down i realised that i had some of his blood on my arm :colondollar:

funnily enough in the weeks/months that followed i saw the guy again in town. he seemed unable to recognise me though.
Original post by ANM775

Spoiler

Why do you seem proud about getting into fights?
Depends what school you go tbh. I go selective, but I have primary school friends that went to a state school that get into huge fights with other schools. It's messed up, in my school the worst we get is a case of verbal abuse lol.
Reply 8
Original post by lwillo1622
Why do you seem proud about getting into fights?

the thread asked about fights. it asked for details. i simply contributed to the thread.

you on the other hand have failed to contribute anything and have just come in to criticise and look down your nose :rolleyes:
Original post by ANM775
the thread asked about fights. it asked for details. i simply contributed to the thread.

you on the other hand have failed to contribute anything and have just come in to criticise and look down your nose :rolleyes:

I did contribute something actually. In case you didn’t read it, I said ‘Why do you seem proud about getting into fights?’. What’s the good of fighting? What point does it serve? You mention kicking someone in the head and randomly fighting a friend in the corridor. But I do commend you for becoming friends with those you have fought. Also I think you’re the one looking down your nose, saying that I have failed to contribute anything. And you mentioned you had a fight as an adult. I hope you have realised by now that fighting does not help anything. And for that reason, let’s not argue anymore.
Reply 10
I did contribute something actually. In case you didn’t read it, I said ‘Why do you seem proud about getting into fights?’. What’s the good of fighting? What point does it serve? You mention kicking someone in the head and randomly fighting a friend in the corridor. But I do commend you for becoming friends with those you have fought. Also I think you’re the one looking down your nose, saying that I have failed to contribute anything. And you mentioned you had a fight as an adult. I hope you have realised by now that fighting does not help anything. And for that reason, let’s not argue anymore.

You've not contributed anything. The thread asks about fights you've been in. You've not posted anything regarding that. Your only post in this thread has been frowning/criticising. You're still at it with this one too, trying to look down your nose.
Just 2 in primary.
I had a few, but the school ones tended to be quite tame, more of a slapping than a kicking and generally over nothing significant. (Rural school, tends to be a bit less intense). Had a few more serious ones out of school, but that was more out of necessity and a few particular bad apples (Again, rural town, so you get a few 'big fish in small pond' types.

As an adult I now try and be a pacifist tbh, i've ran out of good reasons to strike most people and tbh i've seen enough and gotten good enough at it myself to see just how quick adults can really hurt each other compared to teens. Frankly i'm skilled and physically able to disable/evade/talk my way out of almost anything your average unmotivated muppet will throw at me, if I need to actually hit them it would be kind of a failure.

Plus at the end of the day I'd rather have a rep for keeping my cool than being violent, thugs are ten a penny.
Original post by ANM775
You've not contributed anything. The thread asks about fights you've been in. You've not posted anything regarding that. Your only post in this thread has been frowning/criticising. You're still at it with this one too, trying to look down your nose.

Ok I’m sorry. 🤝
But I just wanted to say what is the point of fighting? Surely talking is always better than fighting?
Ok I’m sorry. 🤝
But I just wanted to say what is the point of fighting? Surely talking is always better than fighting?

Wealth is better than poverty, yet people still find themselves in poverty.

Weird thread :biggrin: But I've been in two fights, one in school one down town... the first one was years ago and i won, and police were involved but the second one was like a 2 min one and ended as a draw. But no, I dont want to get into a fight.
Reply 16
Ok I’m sorry. 🤝

easy to say in theory, but look at the world. Fighting is everywhere. There's always some war going on someplace, or some nation provoking or squaring up to another. When people disagree or when someone pushes another too far, unfortunately it will sometimes divulge into violence.
One in school. A bully decided he would try to physically remove me from a room when I ignored him after he told me to leave, and I didn't let him. Turns out I was stronger than him so it didn't last very long. More grappling than anything else. Barely even a fight in all honesty, but the only thing that comes to mind from school.

Then one at university. This one was certainly potentially more serious. I was walking back from a house party with a group of friends, and a guy we didn't know assaulted one of my friends when most of us were inside a fast food place ordering pizza, and he was waiting outside. Even now I don't know why, but my friend was very drunk and not able to defend himself. Another friend of mine, also very drunk, tried to intervene but got hit a few times and couldn't stop the guy. So I got involved, basically putting myself between the first friend and the guy assaulting him. The guy then came at me, but had two things going against him. First, he had clearly been drinking as well, and I hadn't. Second, I was trained in martial arts, and he wasn't. So I was very much used to people trying to hit me. He took a couple of swings at me and missed. I took one swing at him and didn't. That was enough to knock him down, and fortunately he realised he was outmatched and walked away.

I will say, being in a street fight is not like being in a film. Even though I clearly had the advantage in that fight, it was nerve wracking and dangerous. The guy wasn't much of a threat in the end (at least to me; both of my other friends sustained injuries that I'm sure they would rather they didn't get), but all it would have taken would be for him to pull out a knife and things change dramatically. I'm confident I can handle myself in a fight, but it always has been and always will be a very last resort. Getting into fights is not glamorous and it is not smart, regardless of the impression you might get from certain corners of the internet.
Reply 18
Original post by safewithmarnie
Weird thread :biggrin: But I've been in two fights, one in school one down town... the first one was years ago and i won, and police were involved but the second one was like a 2 min one and ended as a draw. But no, I dont want to get into a fight.

your teachers called the police on you? 😮
Original post by ANM775
your teachers called the police on you? 😮

No, after the fight happened the girl called her parents who informed police because it was pretty serious, the police then would have to check on us both in school and question me in the station, it was taken way too deeply lmao... idk tho. She was highkey the worst person I've ever met.

Quick Reply

Latest