The Student Room Group

Lose all my friends

I am a girl and my friends are all guys. For some reason we get along better and i have had loads of issues with girl friends in the past so avoid it now and can't seem to befriend them when i do try.

The issue with my guy friends is that they all end up wanting something more, or they became my friends after we met in a dating context but i wasn't interested. I'm not saying this to be arrogant this is just what happened. The friendships are very valuable in their own ways, i dont have anyone else but the problems keeps arising that they want something more and get jealous.

A few friendships have already ended for this reason, or they found girlfriends who asked them to stop talking to me. I've tried to keep others ones going but it's no longer real friendships, we go months or years being mates then suddenly it becomes a problem again even though they said they moved on.

Don't know what to do as i value their friendship, don't have anyone else and have really tried to make platonic friends elsewhere it hasn't gone anywhere. I feel really alone and like i'm only worthy to people if they'll get sex or something romantic. Nobody seems to want to be friends or like me as a person. What can I do?
Reply 1
bump

Quick Reply

Latest