The Student Room Group

Skittles Vodka

I tried skittles vodka at reading fest, thought it was tasty and want to make some for freshers week. If any of you guys have made it before what is the best skittles/vodka ratio to use? One big pack to a big bottle of voddy?

I have heard that you should take the green ones out first because it makes it taste weird... but i also heard the same about the purple ones?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've never heard of this, but I am so so glad I came across this thread, they sound amazing. I think I might steal your idea if someone responds with an answer on how to make it :ninja:

EDIT: Just found this. http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/msbrackenridge/entry/the_something_random/
Reply 2
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Skittles-Vodka

Easy! I'm making some for freshers, enjoy...

Oh but I would seperate 350ml into glasses and add individual colour skittles to those, rather than in the bottle.
I'm sure I've tried something similar before... looking at the method it doesn't seem that hard.. nothing more challenging than a GCSE Science Experiment!

=D
This sounds like a good idea. Any idea how much it tastes like vodka? I ask because the taste of vodka brings back horrible memories of waking up in hospital. But skittles bring back memories of sweets, and awesome.
Reply 5
benwellsday
This sounds like a good idea. Any idea how much it tastes like vodka? I ask because the taste of vodka brings back horrible memories of waking up in hospital. But skittles bring back memories of sweets, and awesome.

Its still vodka at the end of the day. I'd say stronger than a standard double vodka + mixer, but closer to that than straight vodka. Its drinkable, you can dilute more with lemonade etc if you want...
Reply 6
i'm going to make some when i get to uni :yes:
Reply 7
Ugh, I've had this before. Dank stuff.
Never heard of this method.

Im not a huge vodka drinker, but I think I may now be after seeing this method/recipe :yep: lol . .
Reply 9
Meh, Licorice Vodka beats this stuff any day :p:
Reply 10
That sounds pretty scrummable, I must force someone to make some for me soon. I don't like Vodka generally but somehow it seems like putting skittles in it is the right thing to do.

Ew @ licorice anything :puke:
Reply 11
annarchy
Ew @ licorice anything :puke:
I generally feel the same way, but you should try absinthe. The aniseed in it gives it a liquoricey flavour and I can drink it straight which is something I refuse to do with vodka.

Towelie88
I tried skittles vodka at reading fest, thought it was tasty and want to make some for freshers week. If any of you guys have made it before what is the best skittles/vodka ratio to use? One big pack to a big bottle of voddy?

I have heard that you should take the green ones out first because it makes it taste weird... but i also heard the same about the purple ones?
Get five bottles of vodka and five packs of skittles. Separate the skittles into their individual colours and pour all of red ones into one bottle, all the green ones into another bottle and so on. Exact figures will vary but in the end you should have roughly one bag of skittles per bottle, and when they've fully infused the vodka you'll have five bottles of vibrantly coloured booze :biggrin:

Reply 12
In Portsmouth we have a vodka bar that does Skittles vodka... and Fruit Salads Vodka, and Drumstick Lolly Vodka, and Cola Bottles Vodka, and Malteasers Vodka... it's like a sweet shop, with vodka :smile:

Yummmm.
Reply 13
Wow, I don't even drink but that looks like a hell of a fun thing to make xD.
Reply 14
Made a bottle of it with red and orange skittles, if you're gonna use loads don't put the purple ones in, it will go brown... apprently.
Reply 15
Don't try to make cola bottle vodka with jelly cola bottles, it turns into jelly and is not that pleasant to eat with a spoon.

I have many other vodka ideas which work much better than skittles (with skittles you have to filter out the wax coating), will post some pics later.
Ahhh skittles vodka, I love the stuff :biggrin:
Reply 17
yeah, purple skittles make it go brown :frown: still tasty~
Reply 18
I'm definitely doing this in freshers week :biggrin: sounds tasteeyy, might also brita filter the cheapo vodka first too
emilyyy
In Portsmouth we have a vodka bar that does Skittles vodka... and Fruit Salads Vodka, and Drumstick Lolly Vodka, and Cola Bottles Vodka, and Malteasers Vodka... it's like a sweet shop, with vodka :smile:

Yummmm.

:five:

In response to thread, don't really every make skittles vodka but I do like vodka jello/jelly shots.

Latest