Rosyrose123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello , I would like to inform you that GCSE and A level's 2021 are cancelled due to the National lockdown , here is where I read about it ,
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/136462...ancelled-2021/
Any extra information you would like to share about this topic , also let me know what you think , do you think cancelling them is an advantage or a disadvantage or both ?
Thank you all in advance , STAY SAFE !
Mooonshine
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For some its an advantage and others a disadvantage. I think it is unfair however this year has been the worst and i don't think anything fazes me anymore. I still don't think we can be certain on what will happen which is just annoying :/
Anyway stay safe
Rosyrose123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mooonshine)
For some its an advantage and others a disadvantage. I think it is unfair however this year has been the worst and i don't think anything fazes me anymore. I still don't think we can be certain on what will happen which is just annoying :/
Anyway stay safe
I agree with you 100% With everything that's been happening nothing will shock me .
Stay safe !! And let's hope that we can beat this virus
Rosyrose123
Rep:
?
(Original post by yaashaa1)
actually that source confirms with certainty that they are cancelled whereas no one higher up has actually confirmed that so it’s pretty unreliable in my opinion
Hello , thanks for sharing your point of view . But this is not the only source that confirms it, I just linked one of the sources . It was confirmed by the government that they are cancelled
Rosyrose123
Rep:
?
oh? i did reply to this right after the prime minister’s speech so maybe i missed it. he said they wouldn’t go on as normal but he never said cancellation with certainty at that time.

could you link any reliable sources that were published before my reply? i was looking all over for something ease my anxiety!!
It was officially published , they are cancelled , go listen to the speech he gave . The resource I gave is very reliable , it has a video of the speech Boris gave .
Last edited by Rosyrose123; 1 month ago
Rosyrose123
Rep:
?
i know they’re officially cancelled now but at the time the source you gave was published it hadn’t been confirmed yet. that’s all i’m saying. it was only on wednesday that the education secretary or something announced it. having a video of boris johnson doesn’t make something reliable
It most certainly does , Boris Johnson is the one that announces all the new rules . I will have to disagree with what you are saying . The sun is a very reliable source , in my opinion and most of the world agrees . Do you have a better source you would like to share ? Having a video of Boris Johnson's speech is all we need , thankfully the most amazing source ( The sun ) shared it . The source I shared with you was published right after the Prime minister's ( Boris ) speech . I made sure , it was exactly less than an hour after his speech .
I have nothing to do with the Sun, As i mentioned on my original post , that that's the link I red the news in . I also mentioned if anyone would like to share anything , go ahead , So I say this again Any source you would like to share ???
yaashaa1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rosyrose123)
It most certainly does , Boris Johnson is the one that announces all the new rules . I will have to disagree with what you are saying . The sun is a very reliable source , in my opinion and most of the world agrees . Do you have a better source you would like to share ? Having a video of Boris Johnson's speech is all we need , thankfully the most amazing source ( The sun ) shared it . The source I shared with you was published right after the Prime minister's ( Boris ) speech . I made sure , it was exactly less than an hour after his speech .
I have nothing to do with the Sun, As i mentioned on my original post , that that's the link I red the news in . I also mentioned if anyone would like to share anything , go ahead , So I say this again Any source you would like to share ???
i feel this is getting way more aggressive than needed.

1. the sun is generally considered one of the least reliable news sources as they often speculate and exaggerate. you can look that up and see for yourself.

they may have had a video of the prime minister but in that video, he said “alternative arrangements” would be made as exams would not continue as normal.

he did not explicitly state, at any point in that video, that exams were cancelled, yet the sun states, with absolute certainty, that they would be cancelled which leads me to the conclusion that that article was unreliable.

2. i do not have any reliable sources reporting exam cancellation before the education secretary’s announcement as any source stating exams were cancelled before that are unreliable, as that had not even been confirmed yet.

yes, exams are cancelled now. and i can give you many sources that confirm that since the official announcement on wednesday, the most reliable being the video of the announcement in the house of commons.

all i am trying to say is that, at the time you posted the original post, it wasn’t confirmed by any government official. i was asking if you could back up your claim with an official announcement from someone higher-up. and you couldn’t because nobody had announced that yet.

this is not a personal attack, just wanted to get confirmed news on monday when everyone was anxious and wanted to see if you could provide a more reliable source for this!

i hope you understand what i mean now, no hard feelings!!
Last edited by yaashaa1; 1 month ago
Rosyrose123
Rep:
?

1. the sun is generally considered one of the least reliable news sources as they often speculate and exaggerate. you can look that up and see for yourself.

they may have had a video of the prime minister but in that video, he said “alternative arrangements” would be made as exams would not continue as normal.

he did not explicitly state, at any point in that video, that exams were cancelled, yet the sun states, with absolute certainty, that they would be cancelled which leads me to the conclusion that that article was unreliable.

2. i do not have any reliable sources reporting exam cancellation before the education secretary’s announcement as any source stating exams were cancelled before that are unreliable, as that had not even been confirmed yet.

yes, exams are cancelled now. and i can give you many sources that confirm that since the official announcement on wednesday, the most reliable being the video of the announcement in the house of commons.

all i am trying to say is that, at the time you posted the original post, it wasn’t confirmed by any government official. i was asking if you could back up your claim with an official announcement from someone higher-up. and you couldn’t because nobody had announced that yet.

this is not a personal attack, just wanted to get confirmed news on monday when everyone was anxious and wanted to see if you could provide a more reliable source for this!

Hello , nothing is getting aggresive .

1) I say this again , as I mentioned on my original post , anyone that would like to add information go ahead , I also said that , THE SUN is where I heard the news at .

2) I could back up all my information, when I posted my original post , the news was confirmed.

3) Again I say this , Boris Johnson has a video confirming it .

4) Me and you don't know for sure weither THE SUN is a reliable source or not , many people share different opinions.

5) Nothing here is personal !

6) Just to clear things up , Different people have different opinions

7) I appreciate your cooperation , but we share different points of views which is normal .

No hard feelings !! We are just discussing , nothing personal
yaashaa1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago

1) I say this again , as I mentioned on my original post , anyone that would like to add information go ahead , I also said that , THE SUN is where I heard the news at .

2) I could back up all my information, when I posted my original post , the news was confirmed.

4) Me and you don't know for sure weither THE SUN is a reliable source or not , many people share different opinions.

7) I appreciate your cooperation , but we share different points of views which is normal .

sorry for the late reply but its clear this isnt getting anywhere because everything i'm saying is going completely ignored so take care!
Rosyrose123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
sorry for the late reply but its clear this isnt getting anywhere because everything i'm saying is going completely ignored so take care!
Hello , I don't really understand what you mean by ( " everything i'm saying is getting ignored ") I clarified myself many times and my point is getting ignored . Anyways I clarified my point many times as you know . Take care stay safe
yaashaa1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello , I don't really understand what you mean by ( " everything i'm saying is getting ignored ") I clarified myself many times and my point is getting ignored . Anyways I clarified my point many times as you know . Take care stay safe
because you are literally talking about something completely different to what i’m talking about
Rosyrose123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
because you are literally talking about something completely different to what i’m talking about
Why are you taking things personally ?You seem so off topic , anyways you keep saying that's it's a unrelieble source , I said a thousand times that I said if anyone has any extra info, please share. What's unclear here ????
You said you want to stop , why are you here taking things personally ??
yaashaa1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i am not taking things personally. you are, for some reason, repeating whatever i say to you with nothing new to say. i stopped saying it's an unreliable source a couple of posts back though i still stand by the fact that they are. i don't even care about the thing anymore, just that you are choosing to be completely ignorant to everything i am saying and not willing to admit that you are wrong. i never argue with people online but this time i am certain that i am right. if there is anything you still can't wrap your head around please just reread everything i already said because i stand by it all. the sun is not a reliable source. period.

and yea i want to stop but you keep repeating things and keeping this going so it will never end.
Rosyrose123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
i am not taking things personally. you are, for some reason, repeating whatever i say to you with nothing new to say. i stopped saying it's an unreliable source a couple of posts back though i still stand by the fact that they are. i don't even care about the thing anymore, just that you are choosing to be completely ignorant to everything i am saying and not willing to admit that you are wrong. i never argue with people online but this time i am certain that i am right. if there is anything you still can't wrap your head around please just reread everything i already said because i stand by it all. the sun is not a reliable source. period.

and yea i want to stop but you keep repeating things and keeping this going so it will never end.
Clearly you are taking everything personally . What do you have againest me , did I ever say it's a relieble source ? Plus you have no right to argue with someone else who shares a differnet opinion than you , people are different . Plus you are not right about this arguement , no one is , I have a different point of view . So clearly I'm right . You are strange ( no hate ) because you keep saying that you want to end this but then you not only be rude but you offence me . Listen up , idc about what you think about my opinion . PERIOD . You are being ignorant , i don't have time for this , because I am restating all my facts . Feel free to share your opinion but don't hate on others opinion because if you don't respect peoples opinions , no one will respect yours I don't usually argue with people online either , but I am 100% sure you have no right to hate on my opinion .
I HERE REPEAT MY SELF , I NEVER SAID THAT IT'S A RELIEBLE SOURCE , so you are being funny by making things up !
Don't take things personally ,
yaashaa1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
you did say that the sun is a reliable source, evidence in bold above. and you're mistaken in that whether or not a newspaper is reliable is much more based on facts than opinions, so i am not disagreeing with your opinion, i am telling you that you are presenting "facts" unsupported by any actual facts or evidence.

i am very tired of this and i'm sure you are. i care very little about what else you have to add to this and i'm sure you don't care what i have to say at this point either.
Rosyrose123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
you did say that the sun is a reliable source, evidence in bold above. and you're mistaken in that whether or not a newspaper is reliable is much more based on facts than opinions, so i am not disagreeing with your opinion, i am telling you that you are presenting "facts" unsupported by any actual facts or evidence.

i am very tired of this and i'm sure you are. i care very little about what else you have to add to this and i'm sure you don't care what i have to say at this point either.
I believe that a person can not fully rely on one source . We clearly agree on that point . You are sharing "facts" that are not supported by evidence or actual stated facts , because you are sharing your point of view , I respect that and so should you respect my point of view ( you can not rely on one source )
yaashaa1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
read this post again please and hopefully you will get what i'm saying because it summarises everything:

i'm really tired of this now so please read that and don't accuse me of stating facts with no evidence !! thanks
Rosyrose123
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
read this post again please and hopefully you will get what i'm saying because it summarises everything:

i'm really tired of this now so please read that and don't accuse me of stating facts with no evidence !! thanks
Hi , I am not accusing you . You can't back up your opinion with evidence , because it's your opinion . I don't know much about the Sun therefore I am unable to judge

Have a read , I explained myself here
yaashaa1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
yes a level are cancelled but all i am saying is that at the time you originally posted, there was no official confirmation of cancellation just very vague words from the prime minister. i am aware there was a video but there was uncertainty surrounding it so i asked you confirm your source for my own peace of mind. that's all i am saying. does that make sense?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (468)
51.49%
No (441)
48.51%

Watched Threads