So stressed its taking a toll on my health

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’ve been really stressed out lately due to many reasons and it’s recently started taking a toll on my health.

My heart rate is constantly so fast (even when i’m just resting) and strong to the point I can see it beating through my chest and have a bald spot and mouth ulcers along with it. I’ve relayed this information to my doctor and he sent me for some blood work, everything was fine so he concluded it was stress induced.

One of the main reasons for this stress is I have a really bad phobia of mice, specifically when i’m sleeping. Whenever I hear noises in the night I think their mice and have a panic attack, I now listen to fan noise’s on Spotify to help combat this but it hasn’t been working recently. My living situation is also a big factor in mg stress as I have to share a room with my sibling who is very difficult, this paired with me being a student in YR 13 i’m just a big ball of anxiety.

Any advice on how to help with any of this? The main thing I want to fix is the bald spot so if you have any remedies please let me know. And does anyone know how to get over a phobia?
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Sorry to hear you're struggling. Did your GP offer a therapy referral at all? That would be useful for the general anxiety and also the phobia. When that's treated, hopefully the physical symptoms will begin to improve as well.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Pathway)
Sorry to hear you're struggling. Did your GP offer a therapy referral at all? That would be useful for the general anxiety and also the phobia. When that's treated, hopefully the physical symptoms will begin to improve as well.
He didn’t really take my phobia seriously but offered the possibility of anxiety medication but i’m 17 and my mum is strongly against taking pills for some reason so she doesn’t really want me to take that option. He didn’t offer me any sort of therapy ):
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
He didn’t really take my phobia seriously but offered the possibility of anxiety medication but i’m 17 and my mum is strongly against taking pills for some reason so she doesn’t really want me to take that option. He didn’t offer me any sort of therapy ):
Hm. Strange he went directly to that, they're normally quite hesitant with under 18s regarding MH medication . What I would do in your position is go back to your GP and ask for a referral for therapy. Phobias can be incredibly hard to overcome (I have some specific phobias myself, although I've gotten better over the years), but they're not impossible to deal with. :nah:

In the mean time, there is the Mental Health Support Society that you can go to on TSR, it's for peer support - we're a friendly bunch over there. You're also more than welcome to PM me if you need to. You're not alone. There is also a lot of sites (MIND, Rethink, etc.) that could be good to look at in terms of educating yourself on what phobias are and why they happen, but also they suggest things that you might want to look into in terms of treating it (aka things you can ask your GP about).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (36)
26.47%
As I expected (45)
33.09%
Harder (48)
35.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.15%

Watched Threads