Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dunno i think some people its ok but when the guy is wierd i dont... ie not able to get a girl his own age rather than he made a connection and he says no to girls his own age.. Its not that some guys can be called wierd im just picturing a 25 year old looser who goes out with and 16 year old girl. I dont think its that bad with guys and older girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Yes, i know its true, because i'm in true love
    awww thats really cute! i used to believe that.......but circumstances changed....i still love him! but im on the "moving on stage", started seein other men...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amo1)
    i dunno i think some people its ok but when the guy is wierd i dont... ie not able to get a girl his own age rather than he made a connection and he says no to girls his own age.. Its not that some guys can be called wierd im just picturing a 25 year old looser who goes out with and 16 year old girl. I dont think its that bad with guys and older girls.
    exactly! because the guy tends to be embarrassed to be seen with a younger girl, people have the attitude to think he might be a pervert...but why?

but yeah ure right thats not the case with younger guys and older girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuddly!)
    awww thats really cute! i used to believe that.......but circumstances changed....i still love him! but im on the "moving on stage", started seein other men...
    Well i hope some day you'll find someone out there for you who will make you believe in true love again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuddly!)
    lol u guess??! :rolleyes:

lol ok fine i would :rolleyes: :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    lol ok fine i would :rolleyes: :aetsch:
    :p: a change in opinion ooooooo
    im makin impact on peeps! :rolleyes:

and iluvatar -----> thanx hun! i hope all goes well 4 u 2! but im fine wit no strings attached on anyone its easier that way :P

ReputationRep:
    I think a few years is usually fine, but it does depend on the couple's ages and how mature they are. Also, as someone mentioned, if it's a younger girl with an older guy, they'd have to be sure the guy actually loved them and wasn't just in it for the sex. Older guys pressuring younger girls into doing things they don't want and aren't ready to do is just wrong. The age difference gets less important as you get older; lots of adults have 10 years between them and have no problems, but teenagers going out with someone old enough to be their parent/grandparent is just sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinghFello)
    YOUR AGE/2 + 7
    Works. Anything below this is just weird. ie, im 18(/2 +7), so I can go out with someone 16, and it would still be acceptable. It works with older people too.
    LOL no one outside of Nottingham seems to have heard of that formula:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I think a few years is usually fine, but it does depend on the couple's ages and how mature they are. Also, as someone mentioned, if it's a younger girl with an older guy, they'd have to be sure the guy actually loved them and wasn't just in it for the sex. Older guys pressuring younger girls into doing things they don't want and aren't ready to do is just wrong. The age difference gets less important as you get older; lots of adults have 10 years between them and have no problems, but teenagers going out with someone old enough to be their parent/grandparent is just sick.
    ermmmmm what if theres a 20 yr old going out with some whos about 80 and hes rich?

The girls happy becuase shes going to be rich, the old guys happy cause hes got some1 and has sex :p:

does that count as them both being happy? :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BhArJ)
    ermmmmm what if theres a 20 yr old going out with some whos about 80 and hes rich?

The girls happy becuase shes going to be rich, the old guys happy cause hes got some1 and has sex :p:

does that count as them both being happy? :hmmmm:
    Well, they may be happy, but it isn't love. The girl's a gold-digger and the man's a male slut :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, she loves the money and he loves the sex. Pity that some loves in relationship is about what the other person has - what a **** up it must be when one gets broke or the other...gets...frigid?

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend is 2 years younger than me and it doesn't effect our relationship at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    older guys pressuring younger gurls? umm umm umm
    makes me think..........but theres security if ure with an older guy right and u see life with a mature perspective??

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for age differences in relationships. Infact i would prefer that than to going out with someone the same age as me. I dont know why really but I've never actually been out with anyone the same age as me properly so i dont intend on starting now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skippety Skip)
    I'm all for age differences in relationships. Infact i would prefer that than to going out with someone the same age as me. I dont know why really but I've never actually been out with anyone the same age as me properly so i dont intend on starting now.
    Well said! Nothing wrong with a difference in age....it really shouldnt matter *convinces herself*

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19, my fella is 28.... there's no one else I'd rather be with. We knew eachother for 2/3 yrs before we decided we wanted to get into a relationship together. We've never had any age difference related problems, and I'm happier than I've ever been... I can't see any reason why age should stand in the way, happiness comes first. Yeh sure there's plenty of situations where two ppl with a big age gap get (and stay) together for all the wrong reasons, but inside they cant be happy... guess thats their problem!

ReputationRep:
    my friend (male) is 18 and going out with a 14 year old and everyone finds that really shocking, but shes quite mature really. But i suppose it would still be seen as contraversial anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caffecooki)
    my friend (male) is 18 and going out with a 14 year old and everyone finds that really shocking, but shes quite mature really. But i suppose it would still be seen as contraversial anyway.
    Yeah, that does seem quite strange now actually, but I went out with an 18 yr old when I was 14 too.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Expression have you come across the "half your age plus seven" rule?

ReputationRep:
    My girlfriend is only eleven months younger than me, and we work fine :cool:
    I am 19 myself, and I think it'd be totally acceptable to go out with somebody who is 16+
    Anybody 18+ shouldn't really go out with under 16's.. IMO

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.