Slushy87
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Amanda runs a business that sells hardware. a company agreed to supply new hardware for 30000. However in the clause it states that they aren't liability for error or faults and that they are only liable to a max of 10000. Since the contract there was a fault and the company was unable to provide more hardware. What are the relevant issues/ law please
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
UCTA
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Slushy87)
Amanda runs a business that sells hardware. a company agreed to supply new hardware for 30000. However in the clause it states that they aren't liability for error or faults and that they are only liable to a max of 10000. Since the contract there was a fault and the company was unable to provide more hardware. What are the relevant issues/ law please
This is going to require a discussion of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 (which determines what liability may be excluded) and the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (which states goods need to be fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality). These are the relevant Acts as this is a business-to-business transaction - the Consumer Rights Act 2015 applies to business-to-end-consumer transactions.
Last edited by CatusStarbright; 5 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (218)
43.78%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.24%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (37)
7.43%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.29%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (54)
10.84%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.42%

Watched Threads