What subjects would go well with Environmental Science and Geography?

Watch
emil.ds2004
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
The college I'm going to does Geology and I really wanted to do it, but I don't meet the entry requirements so now I have to find something else. What other subjects do you think would go well with Environmental Science and Geography?

The college I'm going to has quite a range (3D Design, Graphics, Ancient History, Accounting, etc)

It will probably have to be a humanities/social science subject (like sociology or politics) as I don't have any science GSCEs. Which is quite unfortunate as I want to study Environmental Science at uni. The joys of homeschooling.
Fatima4
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Im pretty sure you can still do environmental Science at university if you're going to do Environmental Science (ES) and Geography. Most Environmental science courses ask for 2 science A-Levels and some count both Environmental science and Geography as science subjects. You should look at universities that you would like to go to and their entry requirements. If they are only asking for 2 science subjects and count ES and Geography choose an easy third subject so that you can focus more on the other two. If not choose a subject which may be able to get you onto another course you are interested in, your A-levels don't necessarily have to match.
chazwomaq
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Check some Env Sci entry requirements. Some require one science and might well include geography. Not all count environmental science. Others require two sciences. Maths could be a good choice, or economics.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by emil.ds2004)
The college I'm going to does Geology and I really wanted to do it, but I don't meet the entry requirements so now I have to find something else. What other subjects do you think would go well with Environmental Science and Geography?

The college I'm going to has quite a range (3D Design, Graphics, Ancient History, Accounting, etc)

It will probably have to be a humanities/social science subject (like sociology or politics) as I don't have any science GSCEs. Which is quite unfortunate as I want to study Environmental Science at uni. The joys of homeschooling.
Hi!

I took Geography at A level, as well as Psychology and Law. Both subjects complimented geography. Overall, I found it helpful to study subjects that were from different fields and backgrounds, otherwise, it can become the same old stuff.
I would choose a subject that you enjoy though, as you want to be studying something that motivates you to keep on learning.
As put in previous comments, maybe check out some requirements from universities for studying environmental studies and geography, if it is something you really want to study in the future.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (72)
22.78%
Excited but a bit nervous (142)
44.94%
Not bothered either way (38)
12.03%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.25%

Watched Threads