Why isn’t University of Leicester in Russel Group?

Watch
vitto_cons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I mean, University of Leicester is a very good university, in particular for Law and Medicine. It provides plenty of courses and it’s more prestigious than other Russel Group’s universities. Its staff helps you with your future job and Leicester’s Law School is required in many London firms. In terms of Medicine, it is the third in UK for COVID 19 research and now it creates an innovative research partnership called Nairobi Alliance. The Queen visit the University too. I believe that it deserves to join Russel Group because it’s a good university and because of ranking too. Moreover other universities join Russel Group even though they don’t provide many important courses such as Law or Medicine. So I’d like to know what you think about it
EU Yakov
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by vitto_cons)
I mean, University of Leicester is a very good university, in particular for Law and Medicine. It provides plenty of courses and it’s more prestigious than other Russel Group’s universities. Its staff helps you with your future job and Leicester’s Law School is required in many London firms. In terms of Medicine, it is the third in UK for COVID 19 research and now it creates an innovative research partnership called Nairobi Alliance. The Queen visit the University too. I believe that it deserves to join Russel Group because it’s a good university and because of ranking too. Moreover other universities join Russel Group even though they don’t provide many important courses such as Law or Medicine. So I’d like to know what you think about it
"Leicester law school is required in many London firms"
what are you smoking?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by vitto_cons)
Membership of the Russell Group isn't done on merit, (either course quality or subjective 'prestige'). There are outstanding unis outside the group and weaker ones within it. The RG is just an association of research-based unis with the objective of raising their profiles and marketing themselves. If Leicester thought there was benefit to joining, they would do so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Group
EU Yakov
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
also why is this in the law forum?? leicester offers so many more courses
vitto_cons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Membership of the Russell Group isn't done on merit, (either course quality or subjective 'prestige'). There are outstanding unis outside the group and weaker ones within it. The RG is just an association of research-based unis with the objective of raising their profiles and marketing themselves. If Leicester thought there was benefit to joining, they would do so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Group
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
8%
I need help researching courses (5)
10%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
6%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
48%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (10)
20%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
6%

Watched Threads