The Student Room Group

Are iGCSEs cancelled for summer 2021?

I know about GCSEs but they haven't announced anything about iGCSEs. The main reason I wanted GCSEs to be cancelled was because I'm doing further maths edexcel iGCSE which I'm completely ****ed for but it's an iGCSE so I'm worried it may still go ahead. I live in Dubai where normal GCSEs are cancelled too.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by natasha_13822
I know about GCSEs but they haven't announced anything about iGCSEs. The main reason I wanted GCSEs to be cancelled was because I'm doing further maths edexcel iGCSE which I'm completely ****ed for but it's an iGCSE so i'm sorried it may still go ahead. I live in Dubai where normal GCSEs are cancelled too.

under we hear something, assume they are going on as planned. we are a completely separate entity to the UK. so there will be separate discussions for us.
Original post by TrES2b
under we hear something, assume they are going on as planned. we are a completely separate entity to the UK. so there will be separate discussions for us.

Ok I'll try to assume that but I'm hoping inside they get cancelled too lol. I'm doing mostly GCSEs but iGCSEs for english lit and further maths (I sat english lang and maths last year). I'm predicted nearly all 9s but further maths is a serious problem and I suffer from severe exam anxiety :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Ok I'll try to assume that but I'm hoping inside they get cancelled too lol. I'm doing mostly GCSEs but iGCSEs for english lit and further maths (I sat english lang and maths last year). I'm predicted nearly all 9s but further maths is a serious problem :frown:

yeah, it seems everyone has very mixed opinions on this I just hope we get what is best for us. but if it makes you feel better, my gcses/igcses were cancelled and i have my first a level exam and first ever exam tomorrow. i have no experience in how to cope with exam stress or what's it like im essentially going in blind 😂 so i wish i could've done my gcses so i know what it's like i would have more experience in revision techniques etc. but yeah best of luck!! remember take it easy!! and gcses are not the end of the world i promise!!! <33
Original post by TrES2b
yeah, it seems everyone has very mixed opinions on this I just hope we get what is best for us. but if it makes you feel better, my gcses/igcses were cancelled and i have my first a level exam and first ever exam tomorrow. i have no experience in how to cope with exam stress or what's it like im essentially going in blind 😂 so i wish i could've done my gcses so i know what it's like i would have more experience in revision techniques etc. but yeah best of luck!! remember take it easy!! and gcses are not the end of the world i promise!!! <33

wait how were your gcses cancelled if you're taking a levels this year?
Reply 5
wait how were your gcses cancelled if you're taking a levels this year?

international student !! we do igsces in y11, international AS level in y12 and international A level in y13 :smile:
Original post by TrES2b
international student !! we do igsces in y11, international AS level in y12 and international A level in y13 :smile:

Ah ok I'm international too (dubai) though only 4 of my gcses are igcses. I assumed you meant you were going to do a levels this year not as levels that's why I asked.
Reply 7
Ah ok I'm international too (dubai) though only 4 of my gcses are igcses. I assumed you meant you were going to do a levels this year not as levels that's why I asked.

no worries girlie!! i should specified! but anyways keep your head up you got this and any problems feel free to ask<3
Original post by TrES2b
no worries girlie!! i should specified! but anyways keep your head up you got this and any problems feel free to ask<3

thanks!
Reply 9
I'm doing IGCSE with NEC but I was going to sit my exams in UK. It's cancelled. Maybe it depends where you supposed to sit your exams?

I'm not sure how they'll assess grades online...
I know about GCSEs but they haven't announced anything about iGCSEs. The main reason I wanted GCSEs to be cancelled was because I'm doing further maths edexcel iGCSE which I'm completely ****ed for but it's an iGCSE so I'm worried it may still go ahead. I live in Dubai where normal GCSEs are cancelled too.

I'm also doing IGCSE Edexcel further maths. I think in the next week or so, they should announce the cancellation of IGCSE exams also, because it's the only logical thing to do, considering that there are several countries where students can't even go to school because of the pandemic.
Original post by aboudi05
I'm also doing IGCSE Edexcel further maths. I think in the next week or so, they should announce the cancellation of IGCSE exams also, because it's the only logical thing to do, considering that there are several countries where students can't even go to school because of the pandemic.

Hopefully. How are you finding further maths?
Original post by TrES2b

i dont think igcse's are cancelled...
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/education-55581576
Reply 13
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2ZZ8CNY
please do this survey guys
Original post by 2s020
https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/2ZZ8CNY
please do this survey guys

Yes this survey is really important!!
Original post by anushkarxy
Yes this survey is really important!!

yes I did it, so grateful that aqa acknowledged us international students unlike cie and edexcel who just block us out. if aqa cancels, edexcel will probably cancel.
Good luck with further maths! I did CIE additional maths, and even though it was difficult at first I got a great mark for it. It's very useful too, most of it will bite you again in a level maths so it's good to know the content early
yes I did it, so grateful that aqa acknowledged us international students unlike cie and edexcel who just block us out. if aqa cancels, edexcel will probably cancel.

Exactly!! All CIE and Edexcel have been doing is replying to emails with automated replies, but we gotta stay hopeful:smile:
Original post by Ami_Ami
I'm doing IGCSE with NEC but I was going to sit my exams in UK. It's cancelled. Maybe it depends where you supposed to sit your exams?

I'm not sure how they'll assess grades online...

Did NEC tell you that IGCSES are cancelled? Someone else told me that igcses are going ahead as normal and only the gcses were cancelled
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Iamnotokay2
Did NEC tell you that IGCSES are cancelled? Someone else told me that igcses are going ahead as normal and only the gcses were cancelled

As of now, they are going ahead as normal. I have filed many complaints and emailed many exam boards as this is just completely unfair. International students missed out on months of learning too but UK students are being given preferential treatment. There would be severe grade inflation in the UK which would negatively impact us. If we were quarantined, we would have to reschedule all exams to the next series during our A level studies. I could go on and on...these people are beyond incompetent.

Quick Reply

Latest