The Student Room Group

Is it time to dip from Sixth Form?

I'm in Year 13 and in the last set of mocks for UUU. Because of this I was asked to drop an A-level to focus on the other two and actually revise (which I haven't done because I have lost any motivation for exams - which are now not happening)

Now with a level grades going to CAGs which are based on previous assessment, is it time to dip from Sixth form and start an apprenticeship?

I've applied to do digital marketing level 3 with a small, local company which does not require any previous Level 3 qualification, only GCSEs.

I have been thinking about this for a while and have always been talked out of attending apprenticeship interviews by my parents and teachers. - what would you do in my situation?

Any responses are really appreciated :smile:
They haven’t said what the exam alternatives are yet, so I would hold out until they announce them. They could be mini assessments, coursework etc. Not necessarily CAGS?
Reply 2
Original post by Charlotteparvi
They haven’t said what the exam alternatives are yet, so I would hold out until they announce them. They could be mini assessments, coursework etc. Not necessarily CAGS?

Very true - but now that puts me in a loophole of do I revise or don't I revise because I don't want to waste my time preparing for something that won't happen.
Original post by dmc-v
I'm in Year 13 and in the last set of mocks for UUU. Because of this I was asked to drop an A-level to focus on the other two and actually revise (which I haven't done because I have lost any motivation for exams - which are now not happening)

Now with a level grades going to CAGs which are based on previous assessment, is it time to dip from Sixth form and start an apprenticeship?

I've applied to do digital marketing level 3 with a small, local company which does not require any previous Level 3 qualification, only GCSEs.

I have been thinking about this for a while and have always been talked out of attending apprenticeship interviews by my parents and teachers. - what would you do in my situation?

Any responses are really appreciated :smile:

I didn’t do A levels, and instead took the apprenticeship route to degree.
Some universities may ask you to do an additional foundation year (full time study) after completing a L3, but you also have the option of progressing to a degree apprenticeship.

If you opted for a full time degree after an L3 apprenticeship, it could still take you 5 years (1 year foundation and 1 year in industry) to get a Bachelors degree. This is the same length as a degree apprenticeship. Might as well opt for the work experience and zero tuition that the apprenticeship route offers.

As an insight, I still find my L3 apprenticeship experience valuable, even now I’m post graduation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending