The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1
Will you be able to pick up your room keys if you arrive at 10PM?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
You can pick them up at Rootes social until 11pm I believe. Before 4.30pm they can be had from your hall itself
Reply 3
What about car parking at campus overnight?
Reply 4
Are you arriving on Saturday or Sunday night? Normally you'd get away with parking in any of the car parks and just leaving the car there; but especially if you arrive tomorrow there'll be increased security people first and last thing.
I don't particularly doubt that the University will be able to accomodate you, but you'll have to enquire exactly how when you pick up your keys.
Reply 5
well im going into westwood. By on it says go up rootes social to pick up keys after 4pm.
Reply 6
Rootes Social is the main University reception (kinda) next to the union. It has nothing to do with the accommodation block of the same name :smile:
Reply 7
Haha please get with the times...:rolleyes:
Rootes Social is now simply 'Rootes Building'

Stupid rebrand.
Reply 8
Given the Bar's banning of live sports, I guess it was obvious they didn't want it to be sociable much longer :p:
This is kind of off topic, but it realtes to the title of the thread, which is good enough for me right now. Can someone reccommend somewhere nice to eat with my family on the first day? They've decided to stay for lunch or something and I have absolutely no idea what's on campus.
Reply 10
Cafe Xanana in Union North is the best choice.
Reply 11
Ben: If you don't mind driving for 10-20 minutes, there's a Zizzi in Kenilworth, and a Pizza Express in Leamington.

Happyness: Phone accommodation and ask them?
Reply 12
benwellsday
This is kind of off topic, but it realtes to the title of the thread, which is good enough for me right now. Can someone reccommend somewhere nice to eat with my family on the first day? They've decided to stay for lunch or something and I have absolutely no idea what's on campus.

Either Xanana in Union North (directly above Costcutter) or the Varsity pub which is just north of central campus are your best bets within the full campus itself.
Nice one, thanks everyone.

Latest