The Student Room Group

Pelvic pain radiating down leg

Hi,
I’m 21 years of age , and have for the last week or so had pelvic pain on both sides but mainly on my left side and this has been radiating down into my thigh at times too. It’s constant pain and feels dull and achey but at times sharp too. I’m single , haven’t had sex in over a year and when I did have sex it was protected so no change of having any sexually transmitted diseases/ infection. However , ( sorry if this next bit is tmi) but after masturbating this week and last week a couple times ( externally only ), I have been getting a fresh blood / pinky discharge ( only a tiny bit which stops soon after ) which is also worrying me too.

I went to see my doctor, he did a pelvic examination and also did a vagina swab and I’m still awaiting my results . He said my cervix looked a bit inflamed so was wondering if this may be causing the pelvic pain? Or if I do have an infection that’s not sexually transmitted what could it be and could this be causing the bleeding too?

If the results come back that I don’t have any infections then what’s my next step? I can’t deal with this pain and I’m worried incase somethings going on inside me which needs sorting ASAP . Also , I’m on combined pill and have been for a year and a bit now .

Any advice would be great
Thanks
The person you should be asking those questions is your GP...
I’d say you’ve done your back in and should go see a chiropractor
I would suggest a physio or chiropractor, could be an SI joint issue.
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
The person you should be asking those questions is your GP...

I have asked them and still awaiting results as stated above .
Reply 5
Original post by Trinculo
I’d say you’ve done your back in and should go see a chiropractor

How have I done my back in if it’s my pelvic area ?
Original post by sarahking99

Dodgy advice like this is reason you should be seeking advice from medical professionals and not a bunch of students. I would suggests getting back in touch with your GP to discuss the next step when your results are back.
Reply 7
I spoke to my gp today and my tests came back negative meaning no further action is required he said . Yet the pain is still there
I spoke to my gp today and my tests came back negative meaning no further action is required he said . Yet the pain is still there

What did he say about the pain?
Reply 9
Original post by DiddyDec
What did he say about the pain?

Nothing at all
Nothing at all

Did you ask what he would do about the pain?
He is ringing me tomorrow . I think it’s a ovarian torsion and this needs medical attention ASAP so I’m just pissed off how slow this process is
He is ringing me tomorrow . I think it’s a ovarian torsion and this needs medical attention ASAP so I’m just pissed off how slow this process is

The joy of the NHS, hopefully he get to the bottom of your pain quickly.

if you think it's ovarian torsion, why aren't you in A&E?
if you think it's ovarian torsion, why aren't you in A&E?

Rang A and E but with the high capacity of covid patients taking priority they just told me to speak to my gp

Your spine kinda connects to the rest of you. Also - the advice would be to see a chiropractor who is a professional, not some scummy NHS quack.
I would have to get referred to one in order for it to be free so how do I get my gp to refer me given he thinks it’s a gynaecology problem I think
I would have to get referred to one in order for it to be free so how do I get my gp to refer me given he thinks it’s a gynaecology problem I think

GPs don't refer to chiropractors
GPs don't refer to chiropractors

My parents both have been referred to one via nhs last year
My parents both have been referred to one via nhs last year

Fair enough. They don't where I live, they only refer to physios

Quick Reply

Latest