The Student Room Group

Funding Second Degree in Viticulture and Oenology

Hey,

Does anyone know if Viticulture and Oenology comes under the classified exemptions for getting a tuition loan for a second degree. it could potentially count within agriculture and agriculture related sciences as it gets accredited by the Royal Agriculture University.

Any information on this would be great, cheers .
Original post by papajames
Hey,

Does anyone know if Viticulture and Oenology comes under the classified exemptions for getting a tuition loan for a second degree. it could potentially count within agriculture and agriculture related sciences as it gets accredited by the Royal Agriculture University.

Any information on this would be great, cheers .

Hi James, there is no course with the name "Viticulture and Oenology" at "Royal Agriculture University" on the database, therefore you would not be eligible for funding for this course.

Thanks, Isaac
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi James, there is no course with the name "Viticulture and Oenology" at "Royal Agriculture University" on the database, therefore you would not be eligible for funding for this course.

Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac, the course is actually being offered at Plumpton college, The Royal Agriculture University just accredits the course, that's why I am not sure on the possibility of a secondary loan or some form of bursary.

cheers James
Hi Isaac, the course is actually being offered at Plumpton college, The Royal Agriculture University just accredits the course, that's why I am not sure on the possibility of a secondary loan or some form of bursary.

cheers James

Viticulture & Oenology Part Time BSc (Hons) at Plumpton college with the HECoS code "101017 - Food and beverage studies" is an exception course so you can receive part time funding regardless of previous study.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 4
Viticulture & Oenology Part Time BSc (Hons) at Plumpton college with the HECoS code "101017 - Food and beverage studies" is an exception course so you can receive part time funding regardless of previous study.
Thanks, Isaac

Thanks for the information,
As the part time course is over 6 years that might be a bit of an issue, do you think there is any way for it to be funded for the 3 year course rather than the 6 ?

Regards James
Thanks for the information,
As the part time course is over 6 years that might be a bit of an issue, do you think there is any way for it to be funded for the 3 year course rather than the 6 ?

Regards James

You're welcome. Your previous study will affect your eligibility if you choose to do this full time. It's not a full time exception course.

If you are studying part time, I am assuming the university won't make you study for 6 years. You could study at full time intensity and complete the course earlier. Perhaps speak to the university and find out more about your options with this.
Thanks, Isaac
Reply 6
You're welcome. Your previous study will affect your eligibility if you choose to do this full time. It's not a full time exception course.

If you are studying part time, I am assuming the university won't make you study for 6 years. You could study at full time intensity and complete the course earlier. Perhaps speak to the university and find out more about your options with this.
Thanks, Isaac

Isaac Could I ask you how the loan might work ? As the full time course is around £9000 a year, while the part time is £4500 a year. If I do the course in less time than 6 years would I still receive the same loan ?

thanks for your assistance, James
Isaac Could I ask you how the loan might work ? As the full time course is around £9000 a year, while the part time is £4500 a year. If I do the course in less time than 6 years would I still receive the same loan ?

thanks for your assistance, James

If you study part time then you can apply for the Tuition Fee Loan to cover the course fee and if eligible you can apply for the Part Time Maintenance Loan http://ow.ly/VPDv30oSf0G
Thanks, Isaac
Hi there! Please let me know if you still have any questions about the courses with RAU or accredited by RAU and I will do my best to help! Best, Ksenia (WP Manager at the RAU)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending