The Student Room Group

Are U a procrastinator...?

Do you procrastinate ? If so do you have any tips to stop it ?
Original post by joie2104

You need to have a strong will power in order to avoid being procrastinate.

There has been other topic about it, so please read:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5604088
Reply 2
Yes. Get rid of all distractions around you or anything that you could use to procrastinate with. If you turn to social media, get a site blocker. If its a robik's cube on your desk, put it elsewhere.
As the above user said though, a lot of it comes down to will power and self control.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Yes. Get rid of all distractions around you or anything that you could use to procrastinate with. If you turn to social media, get a site blocker. If its a robik's cube on your desk, put it elsewhere.
As the above user said though, a lot of it comes down to will power and self control.

Were you intending to call me out that specifically??
I was literally fidgeting with a rubiks cube and then I decided to open TSR.
Reply 4
Original post by 64Lightbulbs
Were you intending to call me out that specifically??
I was literally fidgeting with a rubiks cube and then I decided to open TSR.

I must be a mind reader :h:
Original post by LovelyMrFox
I must be a mind reader :h:

or you're just a stalker
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
I have to power off my iPad and phone and put them downstairs
Reply 7
These are the ones that helped for me:
1. If you're in a noisy environment I recommend you listen to "brown noise" with both earphones. If it's quiet then just listen to the brown noise with only one earphone.
2. Get in a comfortable sitting position so you won't be distracted by being uncomfortable. It preferably should look like this with 2 feet on the ground:
correct-sitting-posture-diagram-at-a-computer-desk.jpg
3. Avoid revising on your bed as it'll make you sleepy or will make you want to get too comfortable. Instead, revise on a table like a personal desk or a kitchen table
4. Have something simple to fidget with if you're doing revision like flashcards. For me I use a small toy or pen that I throw up and down or you can use blue tack. You can also shake your leg while you revise. Idk why but it's helped me concentrate better.
5. If you're trying your best to not go on the phone or any thing distracting, hand it to your parent or sibling to hide somewhere and tell them to give it back to you at the end of the week or month
6. Make a list of all the topics you want to complete. I don't usually put a time limit because I know I won't meet the time limit then I'd give up and delay it. But if you want to make a timetable for yours, make sure it's achievable or you'll go off task.
7. Make sure you get regular breaks or else you'll tire yourself out and procrastinate more

I found this rlly rlly helpful article recently.
Although it might not be as extreme for u I related a lot to it https://www.harleytherapy.co.uk/counselling/procrastination-big-deal.htm Also, at the bottom one of the tips is the 4 quadrants technique where u organise what ur procrastinating over into

- not important and urgent
- not important and not urgent
- important and urgent
- important and not urgent

That was the most useful tip for me
Straight up procrastinating. I’m even procrastinating at this very moment

I have always procrastinated and I put no effort into anything because of this. Personally I now have accepted this and have a mentality of figure it out tomorrow. People I know have stopped by either someone to be super strict on them or sheer ****ing will.

Quick Reply

Latest