Lorenaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Explain and analyse three features of cabinet government.and...Explain and analyse the role of a cabinet minister.Someone help me out here haha, I can barely find any information online and no evidence to answer it like a PEE paragraph. Ugh, Politics stresses me out when nothing is mentioned online!
something_orphic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
lmao i take politics and theres nothing online lemme try and get my textbook and my notes and figure it w you
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
https://www.tutor2u.net/politics/ref...net-government
found this that can do for the features
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
For analysing the first feature i think you can just talk about how obviously there is a certain bias and loyalty involved. Tony blair appointed supporters of his new labour project to key positions including David Blunkett to home secretary.
but loyalty can mean a stronger cabinet....
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
ahhh ok i dont know is the answer. i did this in lockdown and i dont remember a thing and the textbook doesnt help.
witchwench
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
collective responsibility, cabinet is drawn from and is accountable to parliament (fusion of executive and legislature), each member of the cabinet is a head of a separate government department and act as an advisory body to the PM
kxch
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Lorenaaa)
Explain and analyse three features of cabinet government.and...Explain and analyse the role of a cabinet minister.Someone help me out here haha, I can barely find any information online and no evidence to answer it like a PEE paragraph. Ugh, Politics stresses me out when nothing is mentioned online!
i've just found this thread so sorry if it's a bit late! hopefully it helps for the future

i've got some notes on the functions of the cabinet: (i take AQA pol)
- Registering and ratifying decisions taken elsewhere in cabinet system
- what is the main business that the cabinet engages with?
- Questions that engage collective responsibility because of major policy or are critical or public importance
- Matter with unresolved disputes between gov dept
- Discussing and making decisions on major issues
- what are two occasions where the cabinet's role is more significant?
- Issues are important or sensitive
- Major or unexpected developments require rapid decision
- Gov dept and ministerial committees unable to reach agreements
- Receiving reports on key developments and determining gov business in parl
- Settling disputes between gov dept

for the evidence bit, just do some googling and try and find a statistic or example, and for the cabinet there might be minutes or meeting videos. luckily bc it's a 9 marker, it's only three points for AO2 so i wouldn't stress too much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (10)
6.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (25)
16.78%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
16.78%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (21)
14.09%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (42)
28.19%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (26)
17.45%

Watched Threads