Watch
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello Readers

Welcome to another blog from the one and only MR :awesome:
My blog alias is Doris, and I'm here to take you through to December 2021, where all readers will disembark. :train2:

This blog is about me staying sane and well despite quite a few challenges ahead.
I aim to update it each week with what I've been up to. Traditionally, I am terrible at completing blogs so please poke me if I haven't posted for over a week.

Things you will find in this blog:
- Reflections about how my week has gone
- Potentially some poetry
- Some life advice, and some general revision study tips for essay-based subjects
- An insight into remote learning from the teacher's point of view
- A chance of some humour

Things out of bounds:
- Information about where I am training to teach - both school and uni
- Personal info about my identity
- A couple of users on here know these things about me, if this is you please refrain from sharing that here.
Last edited by 04MR17; 1 month ago
04MR17
Rep:
?
My aims in this blog:

Health:
- Exercise properly. Including taking up running, and exercising regularly to avoid a couple of health problems.
- Start using moisturiser to stop my skin being as dry as the Sahara at the moment.
- Look after my teeth properly, this is something that comes in phases for me at the moment.
- Continue with a regulated sleep pattern. This is something I'm good at at the moment but has been a problem in the past (as some of you may know from my blog 3 years ago). Included in this is waking up on time and sufficiently early.

Family and Relationships:
- It's a tough time for my parents at the moment. I'm an only child away from them and it's difficult to feel as though I'm supportive enough when in this position so far away.
- Supporting my friends. Feel as though I've somewhat neglected some of my nearest and dearest and need to stay in touch with them.
- Managing effective relationships with other staff at the school I'm placed in currently.
- Building new relationships when I visit new schools for other placements and/or jobs in the future.

The future:
- Complete my initial teacher training year.
- Get a job working in a school somewhere. Still not sure which part of the country this will be in.
- Start the job and not die.
- Achieve a few things on the bucket list, covid dependent.

Entertainment:
- Manage healthy ways of relaxing, without binge watching or neglecting my work.
- Continue to support TSR, without getting too carried away. This is something I struggled with in the past but am in a much better place now with.
- Engage with friends remotely and take part in fun, without taking away from other commitments.
- Write some more poetry. It's been a very long time since I last did any and it's good for the soul.
04MR17
Rep:
?
Tag list

Spoiler:
Show

[user=2500317]Fabrador[/user]
[user=1257448]FedminFrodo[/user]

04MR17
Rep:
?
16/01/2021

Having a bit of a lazier day today. Going to do the very sinful thing of taking the laptop onto the bed to do work I think. Just to give my back a rest from this chair.

It's been quite rainy this morning, so possibly not running to start today but I will download a step counter app and go for a walk at least.
Could possibly do laundry and go for a walk while it's in the tumble dryer. :beard:

Work-wise, I want to get my year 9 homework set up and tweak my slides for Y8 on Monday. :dumbells: I also need to sort out uni paperwork for the week just gone.

I should also text home to let them know how I'm getting on. :heart:

Have a great day everyone :blow:

Doris
04MR17
Rep:
?
I probably won't keep this up with every post, but we'll see how it goes.

Song of the day:
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yay so happy to see your blog! Really excited to see what 2021 brings you - hopefully lots of goodness and the start of a fabulous career as the best teacher ever :yeah:
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Posting to sub :woo:
04MR17
Rep:
?
(Original post by 04MR17)
16/01/2021

Having a bit of a lazier day today. Going to do the very sinful thing of taking the laptop onto the bed to do work I think. Just to give my back a rest from this chair.

It's been quite rainy this morning, so possibly not running to start today but I will download a step counter app and go for a walk at least.
Could possibly do laundry and go for a walk while it's in the tumble dryer. :beard:

Work-wise, I want to get my year 9 homework set up and tweak my slides for Y8 on Monday. :dumbells: I also need to sort out uni paperwork for the week just gone.

I should also text home to let them know how I'm getting on. :heart:

Have a great day everyone :blow:

Doris
Update: never actually did the laptop working, but did have a fairly productive time getting on top of uni paperwork.

Turns out the stuff I was planning for year 9 is already being done this week coming by the other teacher (despite what they'd told me), so I'm bac to the drawing board with that. :rolleyes:

I did do a walk of approximately 5k steps. This was for about 40 mins while the tumble dryer was on. Success. :borat:

Texting home also happened. All in all, a good day. :awesome:
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Subbing good luck! :hugs:

Spoiler:
Show
Since I know your identity you will have to blind me
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:hugs: following
Labrador99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tag list

Spoiler:
Show

:tumble:

:ninja: Please add me :hugs:
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hope you have a fabulous Sunday to finish off the weekend :tee:
Sandtrooper
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Please add me to the tag list. I'm looking forward to your thread.
absolutelysprout
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
looking forward to reading this
04MR17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Labrador99)
:ninja: Please add me :hugs:
(Original post by Edminzodo)
Please add me to the tag list. I'm looking forward to your thread.
Added you both. :grin:

(Original post by absolutelysprout)
looking forward to reading this
(Original post by DrawTheLine)
Hope you have a fabulous Sunday to finish off the weekend :tee:
(Original post by Chronoscope)
Subbing good luck! :hugs:

Spoiler:
Show
Since I know your identity you will have to blind me
(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
Posting to sub :woo:
(Original post by CoolCavy)
:hugs: following
Thanks everyone :hugs:
04MR17
Rep:
?
19/01/21

Managed to do a very short run on Sunday. Only about 10 minutes.
I was so knackered I was nearly sick. :lol:

Will try to do another mini run tonight before tea because Tuesday seems to be takeaway night at the moment. :innocent:

Yesterday was good - did my first bit of online teaching which went quite well. And had a lovely message on Google Classroom from one of my year 8s which cheered me up. I also visited the shops for milk, and accidentally walked out with a colossal amount of sugary snacks. :unsure:

Whoops. :oops:

Today's a bit busier in the world of remote learning but hopefully will be able to get myself reasonably organised.

Also I restarted reading my book again before bed. I hadn't read any of it since the summer so there's some catching up to do there, but I'm trying my best not to look at a screen straight before bed as I seem to be having some difficulty getting to sleep despite how tired I feel.

Stay safe everyone, and have a brilliant rest of your weeks. :happy2:

Doris

DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
04MR17
Rep:
?
When you write a blog post and then it disappears :bawling:
laurawatt
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When you write a blog post and then it disappears :bawling:
:cry2:

Also, how have I not seen this before now :gah:
04MR17
Rep:
?
23/01/21

Take two... now I remember why I stopped blogging. :grumble:

It's been a busy but good week.
Step count has been at an average of 2000 per day. Might seem small to a lot of people but it's a big step up (pardon the pun) for me. I've done a minimum of 1000 every day and I'd like to stick to that as a threshold where possible.

Got a busy weekend ahead too, some school stuff to do, a few calls with friends and family, possibly some uni paperwork if I have time. Also some more job hunting to do. I'm quite enjoying remote teaching to be honest - it means I'm finding it easier to learn the names of my new year 10 class because they're all written underneath their faces on zoom. :rofl:

The whole reading a book thing has flopped a bit. Hoping to be able to pick that back up this weekend. A few late nights at the laptop and some early mornings mean I've been prioritising sleep over reading. The good news is I'm sleeping really easily now. The previous week there had been a few 4 or 5am wake ups with cramp and/or toilet needs. But I'm having no problems getting off to sleep anymore, which is good, and the cramps are much better this week (despite a little trouble this morning).

I'm rather concerned at my diminishing supply of sugary items. Hopefully the milk runs out soon so I have an excuse to shop (for fruit as well, obviously).

For organisational purposes I'm using my diary again - going well so far but let's see how far I can keep it up. :dumbells:

I think that's it for now:question:

Have a great weekend everyone. :rave:

Doris

Spoiler:
Show
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (596)
49.17%
No (616)
50.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed