The Student Room Group

Would I get SFE funding for a masters?

Hi everyone,

In 2016 I started a BA degree but I dropped out just after christmas (but before I started the course again). I used SFE for that first term (I also got paid SFE in January and subsequently paid this back when I stated that the last time I actually attended university was in December and so wasn't entitled to the January payment).

I applied to a different university and studied there for three years with SFE funding.

I want to do a masters. I have heard that SFE only funds you for 4 years. Is this true, and if so, would my first term in 2016 before dropping out count?

I have looked online but can't really find anything definitive so would appreciate any knowledge anyone has. Thank you
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by username5582406
Hi everyone,

In 2016 I started a BA degree but I dropped out just after christmas (but before I started the course again). I used SFE for that first term (I also got paid SFE in January and subsequently paid this back when I stated that the last time I actually attended university was in December and so wasn't entitled to the January payment).

I applied to a different university and studied there for three years with SFE funding.

I want to do a masters. I have heard that SFE only funds you for 4 years. Is this true, and if so, would my first term in 2016 before dropping out count?

I have looked online but can't really find anything definitive so would appreciate any knowledge anyone has. Thank you

Hi, previous undergraduate funding does not affect eligibility for a postgraduate http://ow.ly/Ny1s30oSf1Y loan.
It's not correct that we only fund for 4 years.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending