The Student Room Group

Please stay at home!!!!!!

I fully understand life is very hard with Corona Virus, but please stay at home all. The situation of the hospitals is deteriorating every hour.

Bed spaces are minimal due to social distancing, and the rate people are contracting this virus is rapid.

This thread is not created to cause panic or the sort. It’s created to inform you all, to please please please do your part and stay home, protect your loved ones and wear a mask if you have to make essential journeys.

Thank you very much for your co-operation. 😊

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Thecrazydoughnut
I fully understand life is very hard with Corona Virus, but please stay at home all. The situation of the hospitals is deteriorating every hour.

Bed spaces are minimal due to social distancing, and the rate people are contracting this virus is rapid.

This thread is not created to cause panic or the sort. It’s created to inform you all, to please please please do your part and stay home, protect your loved ones and wear a mask if you have to make essential journeys.

Thank you very much for your co-operation. 😊

I very much agree with you!

I would happily give up my education for the time being to protect everyone around me, I only currently go out to get food for my family or to go to work since I work at a dog shelter.
Hey

Good thread.
We stay at home, shop online, click and collect food shop at Tesco as we drive up they put the bags in the bac, we even wear masks and open all windows and boot on the 4x4.

Those that are not waering masks and most people can and we know people with medicals that wear a mask for the duration they are in a public place. Even i find mask wearing hard especially in warmer weather but I had no option as I follow the rules and do not want to be responsible for spreading Covid.

I blame the gov for delaying doing the right thing at every stage of new lock downs, local or national and not having the backbone to enfoce the rules. I also blame them for what happend when one of their mates drove 60 odd miles during lock down and number ten wnet out of their way to support him.
Don't forget to exercise, it is good for you.
Original post by DiddyDec
Don't forget to exercise, it is good for you.

At home would be preferable. I mean going for a walk is great too, but minimise the chances of passing or catching covid.
At home would be preferable. I mean going for a walk is great too, but minimise the chances of passing or catching covid.

We don't want to come out of this lockdown with a load of vitamin D deficiency and fresh air is very good for mental health. Something that has been neglected by the NHS.
i think the briefings should include VTs of the hospital workers instead of Boris chatting lies
We don't want to come out of this lockdown with a load of vitamin D deficiency and fresh air is very good for mental health. Something that has been neglected by the NHS.

No ones saying not to go out for fresh air. Go all you want, but it’s going to be square 1 for the NHS if one goes out on a walk, passes covid around unknowingly or catches it.

I know it’s not the same, but if one has a garden or open outdoors area, they can freshen up there? It will cause major strain on the NHS even more.
No ones saying not to go out for fresh air. Go all you want, but it’s going to be square 1 for the NHS if one goes out on a walk, passes covid around unknowingly or catches it.

I know it’s not the same, but if one has a garden or open outdoors area, they can freshen up there? It will cause major strain on the NHS even more.

The transmissibility of covid outdoors is very low, it is estimated that over 95% of infections have come from indoor settings.
The transmissibility of covid outdoors is very low, it is estimated that over 95% of infections have come from indoor settings.

So we should all go out then instead of staying indoors? What’s the difference?

Either way, one will be transferring the virus whether in or out. 😓
So we should all go out then instead of staying indoors? What’s the difference?

Either way, one will be transferring the virus whether in or out. 😓

In an area with little ventilation the virus hangs in the set amount of air increasing in concentration and thus those breathing it in will receive a higher viral load.When people are outdoors the air is constantly in circulation so the virus cannot increase in concentration rather it is dispersed reducing the viral load.
As you can imagine the higher the viral load in the air the more likely you are to be affected by it.

I even wrote it in the COVID secure hospital guidance for non clinical areas that where possible people should be having meetings outside to mitigate this risk.
In an area with little ventilation the virus hangs in the set amount of air increasing in concentration and thus those breathing it in will receive a higher viral load.When people are outdoors the air is constantly in circulation so the virus cannot increase in concentration rather it is dispersed reducing the viral load.
As you can imagine the higher the viral load in the air the more likely you are to be affected by it.

I even wrote it in the COVID secure hospital guidance for non clinical areas that where possible people should be having meetings outside to mitigate this risk.

Re meetings "outside." They can open all windows makes a big difference and the bigger the room the better and better still bigger the room, few people more than socially distanced and open windows and door and cool room all better.
Original post by Wolfbangenoff
Re meetings "outside." They can open all windows makes a big difference and the bigger the room the better and better still bigger the room, few people more than socially distanced and open windows and door and cool room all better.

Without a doubt but outside still remains the best. There is also the problem that many modern buildings don't have opening windows so you have to rely on the HVAC.
Cant am a keyworker :redface:
Reply 14

are bed spaces really that minimal?

In april they were saying that, but now hospitals apparently have twice the amount of covid patients as april and they're still managing to accommodate them.

sounds to me like there may have been a little over exaggeration last time round, and even possibly this time round...
Original post by ANM775
are bed spaces really that minimal?

In april they were saying that, but now hospitals apparently have twice the amount of covid patients as april and they're still managing to accommodate them.

sounds to me like there may have been a little over exaggeration last time round, and even possibly this time round...

It may sound exaggerated but I verify my news before I come on here.

Having worked in several ICU departments I can intact tell you it’s true unfortunately. The beds are filled up rapidly, and it gets to the stage at our hospital to borrow empty beds from the basement.

Having worked in several ICU departments I can intact tell you it’s true unfortunately. The beds are filled up rapidly, and it gets to the stage at our hospital to borrow empty beds from the basement.

Thank you

Posters here can investigate PP3 masks, they are freely avialble from screwfix, etc at reasonable prices and one can be used for several hours .
Look up the ratings of PP3 masks worn properly they reduce the spread massively and even protect the wearer to a good degree.
Original post by Wolfbangenoff
Thank you

Posters here can investigate PP3 masks, they are freely avialble from screwfix, etc at reasonable prices and one can be used for several hours .
Look up the ratings of PP3 masks worn properly they reduce the spread massively and even protect the wearer to a good degree.

https://www.screwfix.com/c/safety-workwear/p3-disposable/cat850438

We have the p3 masks and my uderstanding is that they are more effective than the n75 masks and lot more effective than those cotton and blue masks. We also have the changable filter ones.
Wearing one you protect the others and yourself to a degree and along with soical distancing and following the rules we can all help reduce the risk.

Hi there, I'm wondering how many of these are covid patients vs other illnesses or emergencies? And how does this year compare to last year, is it not true that winter time is always a strain on the NHS?
Original post by Igniform
Hi there, I'm wondering how many of these are covid patients vs other illnesses or emergencies? And how does this year compare to last year, is it not true that winter time is always a strain on the NHS?

I’ll attach a message from my trust itself. If it doesn’t clarify your understanding I’m more than happy to explain. 😊

669D782E-AF1D-4F4F-A922-460919036000.jpeg

Quick Reply