The Student Room Group

gsce

Hi,
I am just as confused as everybody else, but i needed some advice/
At our school we were going to do our paper 1 January mocks until announced that Gsce's were cancelled. Do i continue to revise everything(paper 1 +2) or stop?
GCSE's are cancelled yes, and instead Teacher Assessed Grades (TAG's) will be used. I would continue to revise and hand in work, show your teacher you would be able to achieve the highest grade possible. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by V℮rsions
GCSE's are cancelled yes, and instead Teacher Assessed Grades (TAG's) will be used. I would continue to revise and hand in work, show your teacher you would be able to achieve the highest grade possible. :smile:

thanks so much, this response alone has calmed my anxiousness a lot more :smile:
Original post by gscewhizz
thanks so much, this response alone has calmed my anxiousness a lot more :smile:

No worries, I am in the same boat as you (but A-Levels). I'm trying to follow everything closely so any more questions feel free to ask. TSR mods are also here to answer questions and have been following the announcements.

There's also this forum page where you can ask questions and talk to others about the topic. You're not alone, I know it's scary but we're all here :h:
No worries, I am in the same boat as you (but A-Levels). I'm trying to follow everything closely so any more questions feel free to ask. TSR mods are also here to answer questions and have been following the announcements.

There's also this forum page where you can ask questions and talk to others about the topic. You're not alone, I know it's scary but we're all here :h:

i need help. Exams are cancelled and they will be based upon teacher assessed grades. Do I still revise because we may return back to school in mid march. Also, when we do return is it likely that we will have lots of assessments and mocks so that they can contribute to our teacher assessed grades?
Original post by meerkatking123
i need help. Exams are cancelled and they will be based upon teacher assessed grades. Do I still revise because we may return back to school in mid march. Also, when we do return is it likely that we will have lots of assessments and mocks so that they can contribute to our teacher assessed grades?

Yes I would keep revising, when you go back you might or might now have assessments depending on what your school want to do. How exactly TAG's will be calculated is unclear right now I believe, however it will be released. There is an Ofqual consultation next week.

So basically, I would expect some mocks when you return to school, yeah. :smile:
Reply 6

you are honestly such a help. Thanks so much..what are you planning on doing when you go to uni?
It is so scary + i just feel an immense wave of anxiety and stupid because people i talk to seem to be pleased.
Original post by gscewhizz
you are honestly such a help. Thanks so much..what are you planning on doing when you go to uni?
It is so scary + i just feel an immense wave of anxiety and stupid because people i talk to seem to be pleased.

Thank you and no problem, it's a scary time for all. Some are pleased, some are worried - to be honest it's really up to preference if you like the cancellations since for some it's an easy grade, and for others it potentially limits their chance to prove themselves. I'm planning to do Marketing and Management hopefully at Birmingham or Manchester.

Quick Reply

Latest