tetris179
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
hello hope everyone is well.

i’ve been rejected from UEA medicine course.
they have sent an email saying i have the option switch to a different course within UEA and to let them know if that’s the route i’d like to take.

however, i’d like to study biological sciences at Loughborough. can i do this ?
what happens if i click on the “permanently withdraw from this choice” button on UCAS track? does it allow me to choose loughborough as my fifth choice and pick a different uni/course? or does it just leave me with 4 choices and no 5th?

please help asap p thanks
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by tetris179)
hello hope everyone is well.

i’ve been rejected from UEA medicine course.
they have sent an email saying i have the option switch to a different course within UEA and to let them know if that’s the route i’d like to take.

however, i’d like to study biological sciences at Loughborough. can i do this ?
what happens if i click on the “permanently withdraw from this choice” button on UCAS track? does it allow me to choose loughborough as my fifth choice and pick a different uni/course? or does it just leave me with 4 choices and no 5th?

please help asap p thanks
You can’t substitute choices at this stage. If you don’t want to take the offer from UEA then they’ll reject you.
tetris179
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
You can’t substitute choices at this stage. If you don’t want to take the offer from UEA then they’ll reject you.
but the deadline for courses and stuff is jan 15th? can’t i apply for another uni and withdraw from UEA?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
but the deadline for courses and stuff is jan 15th? can’t i apply for another uni and withdraw from UEA?
If you withdraw from UEA then that choice will show as withdrawn.

You had 14 days to substitute choices when you first applied in October. The deadline is irrelevant if you have used a choice up.

If you have no offers you like in February then you can decline/withdraw from them all and apply for a 6th choice using ucas extra.
tetris179
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
If you withdraw from UEA then that choice will show as withdrawn.

You had 14 days to substitute choices when you first applied in October. The deadline is irrelevant if you have used a choice up.

If you have no offers you like in February then you can decline/withdraw from them all and apply for a 6th choice using ucas extra.
you’re being very helpful thank you so much. final question!

they sent me an email saying i’m allowed to change my course with them. do i click on the “permanently withdraw from this choice” button do get this option? i’ve tried to read around on here and i believe people get options after clicking on the button to drop the uni completely or simply change the course (but at the same uni)
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
you’re being very helpful thank you so much. final question!

they sent me an email saying i’m allowed to change my course with them. do i click on the “permanently withdraw from this choice” button do get this option? i’ve tried to read around on here and i believe people get options after clicking on the button to drop the uni completely or simply change the course (but at the same uni)
If you want to accept their offer of an alternative course DO NOT withdraw your choice on Track.

Reply to the email asking to accept the offer. They will amend your course.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
If you want to accept their offer of an alternative course DO NOT withdraw your choice on Track.

Reply to the email asking to accept the offer. They will amend your course.
It is amazing how many applicants will start doing things on Track when sent emails regarding change of courses, deferrals etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
7.69%
I need help researching courses (5)
9.62%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.77%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
46.15%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (12)
23.08%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
1.92%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.77%

Watched Threads