Lack of textbook resources for A level Islamic Studies 9488 - what do I do

Watch
iamyouropus_6820
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi. I am from Pakistan, and will be sitting my Cambridge AS Level in Islamic Studies (9488), in Nov 2021 as a private candidate. As this is a new syllabus and will be first offered in November, there are no textbooks available (at least there are no published resources specified on the Cambridge International website). There are obviously no past papers, and only one specimen paper available for each of the four exams. There are a lot of other resources I have access to, such as interpretations (tafaseer) of the Qur'an and Hadith and biographies of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), but none of them are written from an exam perspective. The subject content specified on the syllabus is also very vague and gives me very little idea as to how detailed my answers should be and what depths I should go to in my study of the subject.If anyone here is also studying AS level Islamic Studies, it would be great if you have any tips/ advice to share! Also, maybe we can exchange notes? (I am making my own notes, and am willing to share them if anyone's interested.) Also if you know of any resources (published or online) specifically designed to meet the needs of the Islamic Studies syllabus, I would be glad to have a look at them.
QE2
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by iamyouropus)
Hi. I am from Pakistan, and will be sitting my Cambridge AS Level in Islamic Studies (9488), in Nov 2021 as a private candidate. As this is a new syllabus and will be first offered in November, there are no textbooks available (at least there are no published resources specified on the Cambridge International website). There are obviously no past papers, and only one specimen paper available for each of the four exams. There are a lot of other resources I have access to, such as interpretations (tafaseer) of the Qur'an and Hadith and biographies of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), but none of them are written from an exam perspective. The subject content specified on the syllabus is also very vague and gives me very little idea as to how detailed my answers should be and what depths I should go to in my study of the subject.If anyone here is also studying AS level Islamic Studies, it would be great if you have any tips/ advice to share! Also, maybe we can exchange notes? (I am making my own notes, and am willing to share them if anyone's interested.) Also if you know of any resources (published or online) specifically designed to meet the needs of the Islamic Studies syllabus, I would be glad to have a look at them.
Marshall Hodgson's 3-part "The Venture of Islam" is an excellent academic resource.
Abu Hashem
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Assalamu alaikum. I'm Abu Hashem from Dhaka, Bangladesh. You may contact me @ WhatsApp +880 1777333643 for any help you need in this subject.
Last edited by Abu Hashem; 3 months ago
Mam3401
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi did you find any study material for 9488My kids also doing this paper in nov 21 Same problem we can contact to share knowledge
Mam3401
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Mam3401)
Hi did you find any study material for 9488My kids also doing this paper in nov 21 Same problem we can contact to share knowledge
Hope we can find a way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed