The Student Room Group

Conditional Offer- Already have exam results.

I have received a Conditional offer for two of my five choices (have not heard back from the other three). I already have my A Level results and I only applied to Unis where I have enough UCAS points to get in. The offer was conditional to sending them my exam certificates . I have now done this and sent them my certificates. Does this mean my place is confirmed?
Original post by Jessrbrad19
I have received a Conditional offer for two of my five choices (have not heard back from the other three). I already have my A Level results and I only applied to Unis where I have enough UCAS points to get in. The offer was conditional to sending them my exam certificates . I have now done this and sent them my certificates. Does this mean my place is confirmed?

Assuming you met all the conditions then yes.
You should have tried for a few above your ucas points, unless ofc the ones you chose were your top choices anyway..
Once they have approved your certificates, they will change your status on Track to U.
Its a busy time of year and because of the lockdown all Unis offices are working from home - so even more busy.
Just be patient.
Reply 3
Original post by 999tigger
Assuming you met all the conditions then yes.
You should have tried for a few above your ucas points, unless ofc the ones you chose were your top choices anyway..

Thank you! The Universities that I applied for offer interesting modules for the course that I have applied for. Along with the fact that I am 20 so I did not want to run the risk of being rejected and have to wait another year!
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Once they have approved your certificates, they will change your status on Track to U.
Its a busy time of year and because of the lockdown all Unis offices are working from home - so even more busy.
Just be patient.

Thank you, this is so helpful! As I am an older student, I don’t have the support of my Sixth Form with my application so I have been unsure about a couple of things.
Thank you! The Universities that I applied for offer interesting modules for the course that I have applied for. Along with the fact that I am 20 so I did not want to run the risk of being rejected and have to wait another year!

You have 5 choices so its normal to have say a couple of insurance unis and then three aspirational ones. In any event if the unis meet your criteria then find as much about each one as you can as a place to spend 3 years.

I would email them to check because if you have met the conditions it should update to an unconditional offer on their end I believe, especially if you’ve chosen your first choice :smile:
Reply 7

It should update to unconditional when the uni has accepted your certificates and have confirmed you an offer. If it still states conditional just give it some time to update.
Just to repeat the message above.

Confirming offers (changing from conditional to unconditional) is a MANUAL process. At this time of year with hundreds or thousands of applications arriving every day there’s a high chance a university will wait until March or April to work through confirming offers like yours.
Be patient - if it hasn’t updated on Track by 31 March then contact them again to check your scanned certificates arrived at the right place and haven’t been missed.
Reply 9

Once they have confirmed reception of the certificates, I would have thought so. Check on UCAS track from time to time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending