Pharmacy at Strathclyde university 2021

Watch this thread
Heroíínna
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guyssss, I cannot find a forum about pharmacy applications for 2021. Has anyone received an offer at strathclyde university for pharmacy yet? I haven’t and I was kind of stressing😭 I hope they get back to me soon but I was just wondering if they’ve started giving out offers or not as I don’t know anyone else applying to pharmacy this year.
University of Strathclyde
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Heroíínna)
Hi guyssss, I cannot find a forum about pharmacy applications for 2021. Has anyone received an offer at strathclyde university for pharmacy yet? I haven’t and I was kind of stressing😭 I hope they get back to me soon but I was just wondering if they’ve started giving out offers or not as I don’t know anyone else applying to pharmacy this year.
Hey there! Some of our departments won't start to process offers until after the UCAS deadline so please don't worry If you've not heard back yet this means you're still being considered for the course. Pharmacy is a very competitive programme with us, so it can take our admissions staff some time to process all applications. Even if some people have received offers- if you haven't then this is not a bad thing. You should hear back by the 31st March at the latest, and please don't panic in the meantime! Keep working hard at your key subjects this year

- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Heroíínna
Rep:
Thank you so much!! I’ve honestly been so scared because most of my friends have been getting offers for their courses too so I was naturally quite concerned but thank you for replying!☺️
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hs777)
hi there I am slightly worried as I missed out on the higher chemistry grade for pharmacy but I am predicted BB in my advanced higher chemistry and Biology. I only just returned to Glasgow after living in the UAE for five years and have come back to a whole new education system in fifth year resulting in me missing out on the grade. this has been mentioned in my reference so will I still be considered for the course?
Hey there hs777 Sorry for not replying sooner! Whether or not you're able to be considered depends on how far off the grades you were, and if you are meeting the entry requirements in other subjects. Every year our Pharmacy department deals with lots of applications, where they look for strong academic grades alongside a good personal statement and reference. If our admissions team believe from your whole applicant portfolio that they can make you an offer then they will do- but please bear in mind you will be applying alongside applicants who already meet the S5 requirements and it is quite competitive.

It's good that you are still taking your AH Chemistry this year, as this will show you are driven to continue on with your studies. I can't guarantee we will be able to make you an offer, but my best advice would be to continue to work hard this year with your key subject areas. It's also an idea to ask your teacher to include the disruption to your learning (moving between the varying systems) in their reference so that this can also be taken in to consideration.

Hope this helps a bit!
Best of luck,
Caitlin
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hs777)
Hi, I achieved all A's in all my other higher but a C in higher chemistry and the distruption to my learning was mentioned in my reference according to my teacher. I also managed to gain work experience despite covid to show my passion for pharmacy.
Thanks for getting back to me hs777! It's up to the admissions team within our departments to make a final decision on your application. As I say, they'll consider everything on your application and it seems like your grades are strong and the work experience will be helpful. Chemistry is of course one of the key areas they look for you to pass in S5 though, so I can't say whether or not they're able to be lenient on this. Definitely continue to work hard at your Chemsitry and other subjects this year and then if you do get an offer you'll be setting yourself up well I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

If you've any more questions feel free to PM me anytime! Let me know how you get on whenever you hear back.
- Caitlin
ambreen.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yes I received a conditional for BC in any order for advanced higher chemistry and biology and an A in higher maths as I am resitting.
ambreen.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hs777)
omg congratulations on your offer!! may I ask what u got in your highers?
I got AABBC if it helps the C was in maths due to predicted grades
ambreen.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hs777)
do you mind telling me what you got in higher biology and chemistry, if you don't feel comfortable sharing it on here I can give u my snap or we can privately message X
Okay lmk ur snap xx
emma21022
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi, is there any point of me applying now for the pharmacy degree at strathclyde? I had a sudden change of heart and really want to do pharmacy but am worried there is no chance if I send my application in before June. Any advice?
ambreen.
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Honestly I’d say go for it but check to see if they are still accepting applications
Last edited by ambreen.; 1 year ago
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emma21022)
Hi, is there any point of me applying now for the pharmacy degree at strathclyde? I had a sudden change of heart and really want to do pharmacy but am worried there is no chance if I send my application in before June. Any advice?
Hey there emma21022- would you like to PM me about this and I can chat to you about your options?
Thanks!
- Caitlin
emma_geran
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone received a decision yet ?
shussain02
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emma_geran)
No I’m still waiting. What about you?
Heroíínna
Rep:
(Original post by emma_geran)
Hiyaa I recently got an offer!! Been waiting for ages
idkk456
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
hey I got an offer to back in February!
Shazam27
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by idkk456)
Same here
Did you get a conditional offer?
idkk456
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Shazam27)
Same here
Did you get a conditional offer?
yep a conditional offer, I need BB in advanced biology and chemistry, what about you?
Heroíínna
Rep:
(Original post by idkk456)
Well done!
hannahf18
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Congrats on the offer! I also received one but fingers crossed I can get BB this year Do you know of any group chats of pharmacy applicants this year??
Heroíínna
Rep:
(Original post by hannahf18)
Congrats on the offer! I also received one but fingers crossed I can get BB this year Do you know of any group chats of pharmacy applicants this year??
Hii omg 🤞🤞🤞 yeah I’ve been added to a messenger and snap gc xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (18)
28.57%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (31)
49.21%
First aid skills (3)
4.76%
Personal safety skills (1)
1.59%
Sign language (8)
12.7%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (1)
1.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.59%

Watched Threads