The Student Room Group

Trump blocked by Twitter, Facebook & Instagram

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Jason Voorhees12
“I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard.”
That's what he said at the rally.

Are you actually Donald come to TSR?
To those of you shouting free speech, let me remind you social media is a privilege, not a right. Don't like it? Tough luck.
But not to worry, Trump can join us in TSR, looking forward to welcome him :tongue:
"I am asking for everyone at the U.S. Capitol to remain peaceful. No violence! Remember, WE are the Party of Law & Order respect the Law and our great men and women in Blue. Thank you!"
"Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!"

He was definitely inciting violence. The video along with his tweets calling for peace were all conveniently deleted by Twitter just as the media started publishing the "inciting violence" narrative. This was a few days ago before he was kicked off Twitter btw

I am not buying it, I know Trump is stupid but I know he isn't that stupid that he expected his followers to peacefully protest. He knew full well what they would do.
Requests to have the national guard deployed in DC was delayed by the Trump administration, he knew exactly what he was doing.
Reply 43
Original post by Oxford Mum
I wonder how long trump would last on tsr before he is banned.

I am fantasising what @Napp would say to trump

Probably several intemperate and scurrilous slurs about his itsy bitsy teeny weeny hands :colone:. Assuming I didn't lose my temper at his grotesque and unconscionable mangling of the English language (further assuming that my temper hasnt left me for a better owner already :lol: )
Original post by The RAR
I am not buying it, I know Trump is stupid but I know he isn't that stupid that he expected his followers to peacefully protest. He knew full well what they would do.
Requests to have the national guard deployed in DC was delayed by the Trump administration, he knew exactly what he was doing.

It doesn't matter whether you think Trump wanted or knew what would happen, there is no evidence that he incited violence. He has been banned from social media and is being attacked for inciting violence when he literally did the opposite. The fact that his tweets and video calling for peace were promptly deleted by Twitter should speak volumes.
Original post by StriderHort
Well that's kinda the point I suppose, it's meaningless now "Did he really say that?" "Who knows?"

Nobody has to imagine, the full decision and tweets are outlined by Twitter here:
https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension.html
Original post by Napp
Probably several intemperate and scurrilous slurs about his itsy bitsy teeny weeny hands :colone:. Assuming I didn't lose my temper at his grotesque and unconscionable mangling of the English language (further assuming that my temper hasnt left me for a better owner already :lol: )

Just try not to laugh when he mentions cofefe instead of coffee
Original post by jpmelito
Nobody has to imagine, the full decision and tweets are outlined by Twitter here:
https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension.html

No I know why Twitter have acted. I mean in term of Trumps greater history of tweets, the account is gone so people can't trawl it and have 'he said/he didn't say' arguments (they still will obv)
Reply 48
What did he say to incite violence?

1347555316863553542.jpg
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 49
It doesn't matter whether you think Trump wanted or knew what would happen, there is no evidence that he incited violence. He has been banned from social media and is being attacked for inciting violence when he literally did the opposite. The fact that his tweets and video calling for peace were promptly deleted by Twitter should speak volumes.

You are quoting him after the violence started.
He has been inciting violence for weeks.
You also forgot the bit where he called the rioters "special people" and told them he loved then. Clear validation of their actions.
Original post by QE2
You are quoting him after the violence started.
He has been inciting violence for weeks.
You also forgot the bit where he called the rioters "special people" and told them he loved then. Clear validation of their actions.

He wasn't referring to the rioters when he said that. He was calling his supporters and the people who protested peacefully special people. And what has he said to incite violence over the past few weeks?
He wasn't referring to the rioters when he said that. He was calling his supporters and the people who protested peacefully special people. And what has he said to incite violence over the past few weeks?

There wasn't anyone else there, not seeing many peaceful protestors :redface:...what are they protesting again, loosing an election they lost in a super landslide? Funny how his son had a war bunker from which to proclaim 'We're coming for you and we're going to have a good time doing it!', not to mention his lawyers 'TRIAL BY COMBAT!'

If the Pres says he will not accept an election defeat in any way shape or form, that's a pretty clear refusal of the process and an appeal to his base to act. Literally said he was going with them...then legged it for a burger :tongue:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 52
:rofl:
Reply 53
TBH, the number or far-right cucks, bjtching and whining about their Baby in Chief losing his membership to private institutions for being a ****, is most gratifying.
What's the technical term again? Ah yes... snowflakes!
:rofl:
Original post by StriderHort
There wasn't anyone else there, not seeing many peaceful protestors :redface:...what are they protesting again, loosing an election they lost in a super landslide? Funny how his son had a war bunker from which to proclaim 'We're coming for you and we're going to have a good time doing it!', not to mention his lawyers 'TRIAL BY COMBAT!'

If the Pres says he will not accept an election defeat in any way shape or form, that's a pretty clear refusal of the process and an appeal to his base to act. Literally said he was going with them...then legged it for a burger :tongue:

I love it how you wrench what people say out of context, but how can I blame you when the media have been using these tac-tics on Trump for years. "Trial by combat" This is what Rudy Giuliani said and he was referring to the politicians and people involved in election fraud who will be arrested. Regardless of whether you disagree on whether election fraud occured or if said individuals will be arrested, Rudy was referring to those people having trial by combat. Obviously this is an over statement, but what do you expect from a Trump rally. Either way he was not encouraging people to storm the Capitol building. And if Giuliani was inciting violence then why hasn't Twitter banned him? I don't follow Trump Jr so I'm not really familiar with anything that he says, but if more context is given then it probably isn't as bad as you make it sound. And I've followed this election and the events that occurred on Wednesday very closely and I can tell you it was a mostly peaceful event. You haven't watched the videos and live streams I have of the protest. I mean ffs even Alex Jones tried to calm the situation down and went and told the police what was happening. Does that not tell you something? Probably one of the most extreme Trump supporters tried to prevent what happened, but as per usual Trump and his supporters are the villains and Biden will heal the world like Edward the Confessor with his magic healing powers. And any videos showing a different perspectives on the capitol hill events are beinh deleted left, right and centre. You're gonna have a big shock over the coming weeks if you don't start seeing through the propaganda pumped out by the media; 90% of which is owned by just 6 mega corporations who definitely have peasants' interests like ours at heart. And that's the last I'll say cus I ain't gonna be able to convince anyone if they're not already convinced by now; you'll just have to see it with your own eyes.
I love it how you wrench what people say out of context, but how can I blame you when the media have been using these tac-tics on Trump for years. "Trial by combat" This is what Rudy Giuliani said and he was referring to the politicians and people involved in election fraud who will be arrested. Regardless of whether you disagree on whether election fraud occured or if said individuals will be arrested, Rudy was referring to those people having trial by combat. Obviously this is an over statement, but what do you expect from a Trump rally. Either way he was not encouraging people to storm the Capitol building. And if Giuliani was inciting violence then why hasn't Twitter banned him? I don't follow Trump Jr so I'm not really familiar with anything that he says, but if more context is given then it probably isn't as bad as you make it sound. And I've followed this election and the events that occurred on Wednesday very closely and I can tell you it was a mostly peaceful event. You haven't watched the videos and live streams I have of the protest. I mean ffs even Alex Jones tried to calm the situation down and went and told the police what was happening. Does that not tell you something? Probably one of the most extreme Trump supporters tried to prevent what happened, but as per usual Trump and his supporters are the villains and Biden will heal the world like Edward the Confessor with his magic healing powers. And any videos showing a different perspectives on the capitol hill events are beinh deleted left, right and centre. You're gonna have a big shock over the coming weeks if you don't start seeing through the propaganda pumped out by the media; 90% of which is owned by just 6 mega corporations who definitely have peasants' interests like ours at heart. And that's the last I'll say cus I ain't gonna be able to convince anyone if they're not already convinced by now; you'll just have to see it with your own eyes.

Largely waffle and you obv haven't read or understood a single thing I've posted. Who are you to say what I have or haven't watched? esp given you admit not following Trump Jr's antics, one of the key players.

I'd be pretty surprised if the wider Trump clan and Rudy Gs accounts weren't in jeopardy also, there's certainly already articles demanding he be disbarred for his actions.

There is nothing for me to gain by trying to debate what is or is not incitement, and I can simply wait 24 hours for the lower house to v likely introduce article of impeachment which will explain the matter with more authority than anyone here.
Shakespeare saw this coming when he specifically wrote for the orange chimp:

'Parting is such Tweet sorrow'.

@thebear
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Yes, and they have control of the main ways we communicate over the internet. If you are in anyway left wing this is a bad thing...

This is corporatism. Which is bad for anyone who doesn't have fascistic instincts and likes freedom.

All the lefties defending private property rights :rolleyes:

I mean why not though? Don't we need their platforms to fail?
Reply 58
They’ve only done it now as he hasn’t long enough left in power to make their lives more difficult. It also makes them look better to the democrats who now hold all federal political power in the US.

Well one thing for sure, since Trump gave clear instructions not to cause violence and his supporters did it anyway it's safe to assume his supporters are toddlers aren't they?
If he didn't want the violence why exactly were deployment for the National Guard delayed by his administration? He may not have wanted to start it but he certainly wanted to continue it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending