The Student Room Group

Thinking about getting another ear piercing, which should I get?

I am going to get another ear piercing for my birthday and am not sure which to get. I'm choosing between a daith, industrial, tragus, forward helix, and helix piercing. Which do you think I should pick?
Thanks! :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sunny.side.up
I am going to get another ear piercing for my birthday and am not sure which to get. I'm choosing between a daith, industrial, tragus, forward helix, and helix piercing. Which do you think I should pick?

I think get a helix but put it where part of an industrial would go, that way you’ll be able to get another helix in the other side and have both helixes and an industrial
Original post by Blueclueless
I think get a helix but put it where part of an industrial would go, that way you’ll be able to get another helix in the other side and have both helixes and an industrial

That's cool, but I don't want to have many ear piercings. I have a normal lobe one now, and the next one I get will be the last beside a second lobe I hope to get in the future.
I’ve heard horror stories of industrial piercings - they really tend to keloid during the healing process
I love daith piercings as they look really cute and dainty.
Just go with what your piercer says!
Industrial! Only because I've always wanted one and I want to live vicariously through you 😂

Daith! I have lots of ear piercing's and that's the last one I want to get :smile:
A helix is always a classic! I personally also love a daith and a conch (which I was just about to get before lockdown ruined my plans :'( )
Original post by StrawberryDreams
Daith! I have lots of ear piercing's and that's the last one I want to get :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by h0pefulstudent
A helix is always a classic! I personally also love a daith and a conch (which I was just about to get before lockdown ruined my plans :'( )

I think a helix piercing with the ring would look nice, I don't like any of the other jewelry though.
I hope you can get your piercing soon!
Original post by veganchemist
I’ve heard horror stories of industrial piercings - they really tend to keloid during the healing process
I love daith piercings as they look really cute and dainty.
Just go with what your piercer says!

I heard that too, pretty scary.
They are! I've also heard they help with migraines.
Haha, I've thought about that, but I don't wear enough short shirts to show it off.
I think a helix piercing with the ring would look nice, I don't like any of the other jewelry though.
I hope you can get your piercing soon!

Oh yeah they definitely look better with a ring, you just have to wait a few months with a stud until it's healed enough to swap

Thank you! Fingers crossed
Yeah, I guess that's true.
Idk why but I have this fear that a nose piercing will mess with my breathing. :lol:
Plus, I don't really want any piercings on my face, I have dedicated my ear for all the fun.
Oh yeah they definitely look better with a ring, you just have to wait a few months with a stud until it's healed enough to swap

Thank you! Fingers crossed

Do I have to start with a stud?

ah thats so sad ): the conch is literally my favourite piercing, less common than the others too!!!!
Do I have to start with a stud?

Normally yes - there may be some where they're happy pierce it straight with a ring but mine (and the others I asked, because I desperately wanted a ring instead) would only start with a stud because there's less chance of infection (I think?)
Normally yes - there may be some where they're happy pierce it straight with a ring but mine (and the others I asked, because I desperately wanted a ring instead) would only start with a stud because there's less chance of infection (I think?)

Oh ok, thank you.
definitely helix piercing. It heals quickly and is less risky when it comes to inflammation
That's cool, but I don't want to have many ear piercings. I have a normal lobe one now, and the next one I get will be the last beside a second lobe I hope to get in the future.

Ah I get you, probably a helix then they always look cute
Original post by Blueclueless
Ah I get you, probably a helix then they always look cute

Yes. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest