Physician associate

Watch this thread
username5584114
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do you have to do a degree before being a pa or can you go straight from alevel
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Procrastonator)
Do you have to do a degree before being a pa or can you go straight from alevel
2 universities offer PA as an undergrad course: UCLan and Reading. These are 4 years.

Otherwise it's a post-grad Masters, 2 year in duration.
username5584114
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
2 universities offer PA as an undergrad course: UCLan and Reading. These are 4 years.

Omg thanks !!!!
username5584114
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)

out of interest are you a pa?
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
out of interest are you a pa?
Nope, I do teach them though
username5584114
Rep:
Are there a lot of job opportunities as a physician associate?
username5584114
Rep:
University of reading physician associate programme

Do you need ucat?
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Are there a lot of job opportunities as a physician associate?
Yes, but it's a developing career so there are more and more graduates every year.

University of reading physician associate programme

Do you need ucat?
Please don't create a new thread every time you have a new question. Posting in this existing one is fine.

NO, you don't need to do the UCAT. Have you even looked at their website? Or UCAT website?
emily6578
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Anyone know how many times a week you have to go into uni for the PA undergrad programme in Reading uni?? I would be commuting a while so would useful to know?
Mintkoala
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emily6578)
Anyone know how many times a week you have to go into uni for the PA undergrad programme in Reading uni?? I would be commuting a while so would useful to know?
As it’s a very intense course you would most probably be expected to be at university nearly every week day. If the commute is too much and you really want to go to Reading, then you could move to Reading.
Last edited by Mintkoala; 1 month ago
emily6578
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mintkoala)
As it’s a very intense course you would most probably be expected to be at university nearly every week day. If the commute is too much and you really want to go to Reading, then you could move to Reading.
I know there's lots of hours for studying though and most uni courses have varying hours so that there's time to study...
Mintkoala
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by emily6578)
I know there's lots of hours for studying though and most uni courses have varying hours so that there's time to study...
Healthcare courses are very different from other university courses. Some other degrees aren’t bothered if you don’t turn up for half the lectures, and a lot don’t have as many lectures as healthcare courses in the first place.

If you become a PA you won’t be able to pick and choose what days you go to work. At university you would be learning about making medical decisions, so realistically they’re not going to run a degree where you’re only expected to turn up 1 or 2 days a week.

In the case of any ‘varying hours’ in healthcare courses, you are often expected to come in for the morning and study in the afternoon (or the other way around), that is if you’re not scheduled to be in a class all day anyway, which would be most of the time.
Last edited by Mintkoala; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (31)
18.02%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (44)
25.58%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (87)
50.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (10)
5.81%

Watched Threads