MeanieMo_O
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
When applying for accommodation, my campus is Farlmer, however, I prefer the accommodation at Varley. Would I be allowed to choose that accommodation and travel the 20 minutes between campus?
University of Brighton Enquiries
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi MeanieMo_O

When applying for accommodation at Brighton, you can currently select up to 6 choices on the application. Our accommodation team will look to place everyone in their first choice option. However, if there are limited spaces you may be offered accommodation elsewhere. We often have students who study on the Falmer campus living in Varley Park and you are welcome to select this as one of your choices.

You can see full accommodation details for 2021 here.

I hope this is helpful!

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep :nyan:
MeanieMo_O
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by University of Brighton Enquiries)
Hi MeanieMo_O

When applying for accommodation at Brighton, you can currently select up to 6 choices on the application. Our accommodation team will look to place everyone in their first choice option. However, if there are limited spaces you may be offered accommodation elsewhere. We often have students who study on the Falmer campus living in Varley Park and you are welcome to select this as one of your choices.

You can see full accommodation details for 2021 here.

I hope this is helpful!

Danielle - Brighton Uni Rep :nyan:
Thank you so much for your responce
immy_w
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I don't go to Brighton, I'm thinking of going in September, but I also will be on the Falmer campus and was looking at the accommodation in Varley! What course are you doing?
MeanieMo_O
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I didn't even see this post, I'm so sorry~ but I intend to do English linguistics, how about you?
MaxReader0
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I will be studying English lit at Falmer Campus, and also prefer Varley accommodation.

I am even considering Phoenix accom just so i can be closer to Brighton, Its not like i will be able to roll out of bed into the campus but im not fussed tbh.
MeanieMo_O
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by MaxReader0)
I will be studying English lit at Falmer Campus, and also prefer Varley accommodation.

I am even considering Phoenix accom just so i can be closer to Brighton, Its not like i will be able to roll out of bed into the campus but im not fussed tbh.
yeah i can definitely agree with you there
ThierriC18
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
can you choose the exact one you prefer such as coastland or firle
MeanieMo_O
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by ThierriC18)
can you choose the exact one you prefer such as coastland or firle
No, I applied for accommodation yesterday and unfortunately, you can state which location you'd prefer, not the specific halls.
Last edited by MeanieMo_O; 5 months ago
Anonymous #1
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MeanieMo_O)
No, I applied for accommodation yesterday and unfortunately, you can state which location you'd prefer, not the specific halls.
What is actually on the form then? Do you just say the locations or can you at least put your budget in? Or could you end up with a really expensive room that you can't afford?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed